Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 08:16 PM

Is it correct that Royal & Celebrity are owned by the same company? I ask because I am wondering if they are - can I use my credits from my RC Visa to take a cruise with Celebrity? I am wanting to book a cruise to Alaska and the price is better on Celerbrity than RC. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Is it correct that Royal & Celebrity are owned by the same company?
MrsPlumb,

yes, it is. The following cruise lines are all owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises:

- Azamara Cruises
- Celebrity Cruises
- Celebrity Expeditions
- Island Cruises (50%)
- Pullmantur Cruises
- Royal Caribbean International

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Administrator

As for the RC Visa card question...I don't know if you can redeem the rewards for Celebrity or the others. I am looking at an application for the card that I got last week and nowhere does it mention anything other than RCI, which is "the" Royal Caribbean cruise brand. You'd think they say the points could be used on their other brands - and maybe they can be - but it isn't printed anywhere.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Administrator

I just did some research, and Celebrity has it's own Visa card program which is essentially identical to the RC Card. Actually Celebrity has two cards to choose from - they also have an American Express option.

Given the above, it would seem the RC Visa is only good with Royal Caribbean cruises and Celebrity's cards only work for their cruise line.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:23 PM

Thanks Dave! HHmmm..... I was thinking about doing an Alaskan Cruise and Celebrity was a LOT less - so I was hoping to be able to use the credits there. I live in FL - other than the regular Caribbean cruise - you have any other favorites?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Administrator

No other favorites, really. I think I am about to declare myself officially sick of Caribbean cruises for a while, and with the exception of the Official Cruise-Chat Member Cruise I am looking at other places. We are going to Alaska next June with RCI. I may also book a Northeast/Canadian cruise or perhaps Bermuda.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:18 PM

I for one found the New England cruise a nice change from the Carribbean itinerary.

Sonny
Old 07-07-2007, 04:48 PM

I guess you won't find Crown&Anchor benefits onboard the Celebrity cruise ships?
And if I'm right you cannot earn credits to the C&A by cruising with Celebrity either?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:57 PM

JuniorCruiser,

you are correct. However if you are a Select Member with Celebrity's Captain's Club, you can enroll in C&A at Plantinum Level or at Diamond Level if you are an Elite Member, respectively.

Also as a C&A Platinum Member member or above, you will be able to enroll in the Captain's Club as a Select Member or as an Elite Member if you are a C&A Diamond Member or Diamond Plus Member, respectively.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, card, caribbean, carribean, celebrity, cruise, cruises, curise, membership, owned, points, rc, royal, ships