Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 09:48 AM

So we just booked and paid in full our 3day cruise on Wed. When should we be received our cruise paperwork in the mail. I opted by mail cfuz my pc seems to have a glitch with adobe and printing and didnt want to risk not getting them printed.

So I have been antsy waiting everyday and checking the mail hoping they are there (I know its so soon after booking but Im a big kid I have NO patience LOL)

TIA
Old 05-19-2007, 10:53 AM
A month before your cruise seems to be about average; some, a little earlier; some, a little later.

If you have your booking number you can check the lines website to make sure everythings in order, without printing anything.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Simply go to www.royalcaribbean.com and at the top of the page there is a row of tabs. The center one says "Before You Board". Put your cursor over it and a drop down menu will appear. One of the tabs says "Online Registration". Click on it. Put in your booking #, ship and sail date, etc. You'll be able to complete your online check-in now. Don't worry about the printer, today everything is electronic. Once you've registered it'll promt you to print, try or just ignore it. Either way you'll be in their computer and registered when you arrive, no ticket needed. They will print the "Set Sail Pass" for you at the pier and ask you to sign it. They then hand you a key card and send you on the ship. Quick and painless no worries.

Have a great cruise!

Neil
Old 05-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Hi Andrea, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

Documents typically arrive three to five weeks before a cruise: as f-mattox mentioned, a month is pretty average.

Even if you are expecting paper documents, you can still check in on line, following the steps laid out by Neil. I am also expecting paper documents for our July cruise, but have already checked in.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Administrator

And some people think I know everything.....

When I booked our upcoming Liberty Of The Seas cruise I requested electronic docs. I haven't received anything but I've already printed out my Set Sail Pass, which is all I'll need anyway. But what about luggage tags for those who get e-docs? Do they still come in the mail or do we simply do that at the pier?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:40 PM

The hoard of Porters at the pier have them for you. The first thing they'll ask for is your Set Sail Pass. Hand it to 'em and they make 'em on the spot, strap 'em on in front of you and dally just a little loading your luggage hoping for a tip (A good idea).

You're off an sailing in no time.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Thanks Neil,

Of course I ALWAYS lavish a nice tip on the porters. Things just seem to work better that way.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:22 PM

Dave, another option is that Royal Caribbean sent me luggage tag stock. For my clients who get electronic tickets, I can click on a luggage tag page and print out personalized RCI tags right onto their tag stock.

Sandy
Old 05-20-2007, 06:35 PM

Dave, I'm not trying to get nosey, but how much would be considered a good tip for the porters?

Thanks!
Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 05-20-2007, 06:47 PM

If you don't have your luggage taps when you get to the pier your porter will have them. On our last cruise he gave them to us and we filled them out. I think an average tip is two bucks per luggage bag.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, check, cruise, cruse, needed, paper, paperwork, proper, royal, work