Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetonaee:
We have taken 5 cruises. 1 with a cabin with a window and the last 4 including a recent cruise on the Voyager inside cabins. We ave decided that with a limited budget we would rather spend the extra money on tours and shopping.
I have noted that a lot of people who enjoy the balconies like to have a drink or a cigar before dinner or breakfast on their balcony. If you do then definitely the balcony is the way to go because there isn't much room in an inside cabin to do these and why would you want to. We even had the coffee table taken out of our cabin to make more room on our last cruise.

However if you're like us and enjoy eating in the restaurants and drinking in the bars to meet other people, and enjoy standing on the outside railings as the ship pulls out of port than an inside cabin is fine. We also like to get out to the pool on sea days or off the ship as soon as possible in port so we don't spend much time in the room.

An advantage of an inside room if you want to sleep in, or have a mid day nap is that the room is really dark.

The main disadvantage for me is when you wake up you have no idea what the weather is like and unless you have a lighted clock - what time it is.
Noticed your "Location" and just wanted to say hello to a fellow North Vancouverian. North Van is my home, although I am living in the States now.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-09-2007, 03:03 AM

We have tried an inside, obstructed ocean view, ocean view and balconey. It really doesn't matter all that much to me as long as we are enjoying the rest of the cruise.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Hi Sailor Jack.,

The Mayor of North Vancouver was asking about you. I'll tell him you left us for the USA.

One thing you remember from the North Shore is watching the cruise ships head out for Alaska usually on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday we were at the beach and saw a cruise ship leaving port and passing under the Lions Gate Bridge. It was the HAL Zaandam and it must have been doing some practice runs because there were no passengers waving to us from the decks and once it got out of the inlet where the port is it stopped. I think it went back to port and is scheduled for a round trip to Hawaii leaving April 22.

It's a lot of fun watching the ships all summer. If you are one of them remember to wave to those of us on the beach as you sail by.
February 2004 - Grand Princess - W. Caribbean
March 2007 - RCI Voyager of the Seas - E. Caribbean
May 2007 - RCI Voyager of the Seas - Western Mediterranean (Mrs. E. & daughter only - I had a medical emergency)
October 2007 - RCI Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean

Old 04-10-2007, 12:32 PM

Eeotonaee, the Mayor may be interested in my scrapbook of unpaid parking tickets.

It was fun watching the ships go in and out of the harbor. We lived just off of Marine Drive and Capilano and used to go down under Lions Gate to watch the ships...both the cruise ships and the big naval ships when they visited Vancouver.

My next trip is next week, but it is out of Miami and headed for Portugal, but I'll think of you guys as we rub on the sunscreen

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruiser, cruisers, destiny, inside, interior, oceanview, review, reviews, royal, ship, stateroom