Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 01:54 AM

Hi there, going on a 12n cruise out of barcelona, been looking at the various shore excursions to rome, anyone been on RCI rome excursions, and which one might be beat. thinkl there are about 10 to choose from. many thanks.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:53 AM

Hi dougie and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

Have you been to Rome before? If not, you may want to choose one that hits the highlights, or the best combination of sights and sites that interest you. You may also want to look at how much sightseeing on foot there is versus seeing things from the bus, and the general activity level of the excursions.

You'll have a great time, whichever one you choose.

Sandy
Old 06-25-2008, 06:35 AM

Hi dougie, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I've never had the pleasure, but my dad did. He sent me so many wonderful postcards from there. There is so much history to see. I'm with Sandy, take one that will hit as many of the highlights as you can, then you will know what you want to spend more time at when you return Hope you have a wonderful time and the weather is picture perfect! Once again, welcome aboard!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:54 AM

Cheers penny, we are looking forward to our first cruise, normally we are just a couple of beach bums, so this will be a new experience. thanks for the comments . all the best from a wet and windy scotland- today anyway. dougie
Old 07-18-2008, 01:53 AM

Hi Dougie,

We're going on our first cruise with this ship. Think it must be the one before yours as we leave on the 28th July & return to Barcelona on the 9th

Rome is our 'must see' spot too, but we're wondering if we should go on an excursion, or DIY - anyone know?

We live in Spain, so getting to Barcelona is just a train journey for us. Take plenty of sun-cream - it's hot and humid here!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:12 AM

HI JAN, glad its nice and hot- we were in the Algarve for 2 weeks mid may, and weather was terrible, cold and wet,so hoping to get some nice warm sun in august. yes, you must finish just as we start cruise. hope you have a good time. oh, are you pre booking excursions before you go , or are you just going to book on board ? we are unsure. cheers for now, dougie, scotland-suns almost shining here.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:39 AM

Might do our own thing as I've found out that train station is only 10 min walk from port - fare is approx. $44 (return for two people)

Then might do open top bus tour, so we can stop off where we want - cost 36 for 24hour tickets (for two)

Coliseum tickets = 12 (each)

Only problem will be the heat, crowds & pickpockets - but as long as we're prepared...
Old 07-18-2008, 05:53 AM

It's too bad y'all aren't on the same voyage. I hope the sun is shining dougie. One of the moderators just returned from a European cruise. He posted some great information in the FAQ section for the trains. The FAQ section is at the bottom of the main page if y'all would like to check it out. He also did a great review. This may give y'all some ideas. Have a marvelous cruise!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:18 AM

Also going on BOTS cruise on 9/8. Am currently trying to plan some DIY excursions (with 7 children the cruise excursions are expensive)
Old 07-21-2008, 12:31 AM

WOW!! Hope your not next door to me. ha ha. only joking, yes that will be a bit expensive. regards, dougie

Closed Thread