Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2005, 01:57 PM

I was on the Voyager of the Seas on the October 2 sailing to bermuda. My cabin (bed) was infested with bed bugs. Anyone else encounter anything like this???
Old 10-31-2005, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by trvlgenie:
I was on the Voyager of the Seas on the October 2 sailing to bermuda. My cabin (bed) was infested with bed bugs. Anyone else encounter anything like this???
Genie, there was a thread on here back in August from another cruiser who had bedbugs in his cabin. If you look back to August 22, you can read the thread and see if he received any response from the cruise line. The title of the thread was something like, "Does Royal Caribbean care about its loyal customers?"

Sandy
Old 10-31-2005, 09:46 PM

Hi Genie

I saw an item on et tonight about cruise lines and bed bugs. Please let us know if you receive any response from the cruise line about this. I am planning on taking a cruise with my husband on Enchantment in 2006, and I am starting to rethink this idea. He is disabled and can not speak, I certainly do not want him to be subjected to painful bites and not be able to say anything to me.

I hope you get some help with this.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:16 PM

Hello everyone. Does anyone know if the bed bugs are visible to the naked eye? Or what signs to look for that would suggest they are in your bed? I am curious, if anyone knows anything about recognizing them in your bed when you first arrive into your cabin. Thanks, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-01-2005, 12:24 PM

You might find this site helpful:
http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Entom...ruct/ef636.htm

Now that I think back I do remember seeing spots thru the sheet on the side of the mattress but I thought it was a pattern on the mattress. Boy did i pay a price for not realizing.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:22 PM

Yuck...those pictures made me squirm!
That site is very informative. Thanks for posting. It's nice to have an idea of what to watch for on our cruise coming up.

Adrienne
Old 11-01-2005, 02:10 PM

On the cruise we just got home from I noticed they put a sheet on either side of your blanket and kind of wrapped it in them so it never touched your skin. I wondered if it was in response to the bedbug thing. Never noticed that before. The mattresses and sheets etc. seemed to be really clean this trip.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 11-01-2005, 07:20 PM

GAG!!!!!!!!! What do the cruise lines do when one complains? Move you to a different cabin?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:49 PM

The blanket between two sheets is a European touch, I think. I've noticed it in good London hotels, so I wouldn't think it was done in response to bed bugs. Now that I think about it, I believe the last American hotel we stayed at did it as well.

Bed bugs. Hard to imagine. I was the one a few months ago having a hissy fit that they didn't wash the bedspreads between guests. Now I'll be wishing they washed the mattresses!

Old 11-02-2005, 07:36 AM

They moved us from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin which was the only cabin available on the sold out sailing. It was only available because some passengers left in Bermuda. They also told us to remove all of our clothing and leave the suitcases so they could be "treated". After we moved all of our clothes (both clean and dirty) to the new cabin the deceided to launder everything.
When we returnrd home I contacted headquarters in Miami as I was told to do by guest relations on the ship. When I aske about compensation they offered me 25% back in the form of a certificate to be used on a future cruise. When I told them I hardly felt this was fair they said that they already compensated me by "upgrading my cabin" and cleaning our clothes. How dare they. After much kicking and screaming they agreed to give me 50%, which amounts to $200 per person. I think I need to take this further since it's been a month and all the bite marks have turned to scars and I have pictures to prove it.

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, bedbugs, bermuda, bugs, caribbean, carnival, compensation, cruise, glory, radiance, reports, royal, seas, ships, voyager