Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 PM

unsure cruiser we started taking our kids when they were 3 and 5 now they are 15 and 18 and have been on over 20 they love it my son who is now 15 will be on his 3rd cruise this year they just love it once you try it you will be hooked mike
Old 10-09-2008, 02:47 PM

ps you and your kids will love the kids area... they will not even miss you!!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM

We dreaded our first cruise. It was "earned" as a sales incentive through my husband's business. What in the world were we going to do for a WEEK? We are officially addicted. All travel is stressful with small children. This is travel with a fixed base for you, endless possibilities for food, staff that will bend over backwards to meet your needs (if you meet someone who doesn't, ask someone else--staff that isn't helpful or overly helpful are in the minority)--it may turn out to be one of the least stressful things you could choose to do with kids. (think Chevy Chase's ill-fated car trip to Wally World--there are a lot more difficult options for family fun.) My kids have always been along for the cruise (Although my youngest had her best voyage in-utero) and we wouldn't trade it for anything.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 PM

My nephew is a year and a half and my in-laws are concerned about taking him on a cruise. The main thing they are worried about is that he won't understand that he can't run around and play under the rails. I don't know what to think, but it makes me a little nervous. He's too young for the Adventure thing, so I am not sure what to tell them.

There are definitely no bath tubs unless you are in a suite. The balcony in the room would make me nervous with kids too.

Majesty of the Seas - Jan. 2011
Majesty of the Seas - Feb. 2009
Sovereign of the Seas - Feb. 2008
Majesty of the Seas - Nov. 2007
Old 10-10-2008, 02:44 PM

The balcony door can be locked when you are not supervising. The rail is safer than on anybody I could name's deck here at home. You will do fine with the balcony unless you are raising such a terror he should be kept on a leash at all times, and if that were the case you would probably know it and not be attempting the vacation. Relax and enjoy. I have only met two people in my life who didn't enjoy cruising--one only wanted to golf on vacation and nothing else, and one couple wanted to "be alone" all the time--not sure what resort destination will provide that--camping maybe? The room will be adequate. Kids need to experience a shower sooner or later or swimming lessons at the Y are going to be a shocker. There is staff to help you--plan to tip. If the dining room is too much for the kids you can do room service or a buffet (in and out in your own time). The baby sitters have more experience than any teen in your neighborhood and your mother-in-law combined. This is going to fun for all of you. I have been in your shoes and attitude will save the day.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Dear unsure--Relax and Enjoy,we have been cruising for over 55 years now , for myself since age 7, there have been many play companions and many happy children's hours spent aboard.

We have traveled with babies and growing children in many oceanview (i.e.-no balcony cabins) staterooms without tubs.

There has never been any kind of a problem,we all were kept busy--relaxing! The most difficult time in my life was 13 months between cruises (I am retired USAF)!

Just relax and enjoy- once you do it you'll have trouble thinking of any other kind of a vacation!

Bon Voyasge,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, big, caribbean, cruise, family, junior, ocean, oceanview, options, queen, room, rooms, royal, sleeper, sleeping, view, year