Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Help! Oceanview Room Questions/Concerns (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/32510-help-oceanview-room-questions-concerns.html)

unsurecruiser 10-09-2008 12:12 PM

We are leaving on 10/18 and are booked in an oceanview stateroom for 2 adults and 2 children, ages 2 and 7. My concern is - where are my kids going to sleep AND is there a bathtub? This was booked through my DH's company and the info I am getting is little if any. I am flipping out thinking we need to upgrade! Any info will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!!!!!

Edit: fixed typo in discussion description.

spoheat 10-09-2008 12:18 PM

You would not be booked in a room with less capacity than you have people. Depending on which ship you are on you will either have upper-lower arrangement (bunk beds that fold down from the ceiling or wall for night time, over two singles or a queen for the adults) or a queen bed with sofa sleeper (your room steward will most likely have all these sleeping options made up by the time you return from dinner. There is nothing you will need to do to get things ready for your kids). If you have a brochure with deck plans of internet deck plans of your ship you can find your room and there will be a little symbol--in the key it will indicate if there is a sofa bed or upper, most likely.

spoheat 10-09-2008 12:20 PM

Oh, yeah, the tub. Most standard interior rooms and balcony rooms do not. Some Jr. Suites do depending on your ship. The deck plans can tell you this too based on room catagory. The showers have removable heads on hoses though if little ones don't want it pouring over their heads. The bathrooms are small and you might get drenched helping them, however!

unsurecruiser 10-09-2008 12:22 PM

We are on Enchantment of the Seas. Thanks for the info but I guess my husband understood my concerns and is upgrading us to a balcony. I feel better about this knowing I can either put my kids in the sofa bed OR make a soft pallett on the floor since my 2 yr old will more than likely fall out of the bed. He is a mover! By any chnace - do you know if they have cribs or pack and plays? Thanks!!! So glad I found this site!

MiketheKid 10-09-2008 12:27 PM

keep in mind, you still will not have a tub

unsurecruiser 10-09-2008 12:30 PM

thanks - this bites! I am sooo not looking forward to this trip!

Dwayne 10-09-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

thanks - this bites! I am sooo not looking forward to this trip!
The first thing you should do is get a positive attitude going about the cruise. It will make a world of difference for you. Just my opinion to try to help. I call mine my "cruiseattude". I'm sure you will have a great time and a wonderful experience. http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif

I'm am cruising on the 18th too, and can't wait.

Dwayne

Cruise Fanatic 10-09-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by unsurecruiser:
We are on Enchantment of the Seas. Thanks for the info but I guess my husband understood my concerns and is upgrading us to a balcony. I feel better about this knowing I can either put my kids in the sofa bed OR make a soft pallett on the floor since my 2 yr old will more than likely fall out of the bed. He is a mover! By any chnace - do you know if they have cribs or pack and plays? Thanks!!! So glad I found this site!
Yes, they have pack & plays and you should call and reserve one in advance.

Valeries220 10-09-2008 01:18 PM

I think going on a trip is very stressful, especially with small children.

It will all work for you. I know it looks bad now since there is so much to do but you will feel so much better once you get on the ship. I really hope you have a great time & I have a feeling you will. Please let us know how it all works out. Have fun & enjoy.

Jim C. 10-09-2008 02:10 PM

unsurecruiser- The FIRST thing you need to do is to take a deep cleansing breath and relax. You are going to drive yourself insane worrying about this cruise. Its supposed to be a relaxing vacation.

You are not the first person to cruise with a 2 year old. The cruise lines are set up to be more than able to handle your needs. They do have cribs available and there will be enough room for all of you in the cabin (even without the upgrade which to be honest, only adds on the balcony to the cabin size unless you got a junior suite balcony cabin).

The lack of a tub has not seemed to be a big issue for other families with small children. As Islandcruz stated, the shower head is on a hose and you can take it down to rinse/shower off a little one. The childrens activity personnel are wonderful too... don't worry about it so much, they have it down to a pretty good system. Just be sure to attend the kids orientation party/meeting and all will be explained to you.