Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 04:17 PM

My wife and I along with our 2 children and another couple are cruising the first week of April on the Independence of the Seas. This will mark our 21 st cruise (16 with Royal Caribbean. For most of our cruises we have booked inside cabins, other times we have been upgraded to exterior rooms and others with balconies. For our upcoming cruise I have booked the Royal Family Suite. The balcony looks a lot bigger and the living room area is a nice addition to the two bedrooms. Does anyone have any photos of the Royal Family Suite aside from the generic one on RCCL website? Anyone going on the April 4th sailing?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 PM

Hello gk, welcome to Cruise-Chat! My wife and I just got off a back-to-back cruise on the Independence a couple of weeks ago. I've been on most of RCCL ships and the Independence is my new favorite. You'll know why after you've sailed on her. I have pictures of a Royal Family Suite, but not of one on the Independence. I've been on all of the Freedom Class Ships, but never took the time to take pictures of the family suites except for the Presidential Family Suite. I've stayed in Junior, Grand, and Owner Suites, but never had the pleasure of a family suite. I hope someone can provide the pictures you want.

Sonny
Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 PM

Hi gk
Me and my family are cruising Independece of the Seas on the end of April (25th) in a Royal Family Suite. I found some Fotos from similar Cabins (Freedom, Liberty) - and I guess the Voyagerclass-FS are nearly the same?

http://i18.photobucket.com/alb...m%20OTS/IMG_1674.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/alb...om%20OTS/Viewaft.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/alb...m%20OTS/IMG_1998.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/alb...eedom%20OTS/CB-1.jpg
[url=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/VOS%20leaving%20LA/Voyageraft.jpg]

more will follow...

Marco
# 2008 | Voyager of the Seas | Mediterranean Cruise
# 2009 | Independence of the Seas | Italian Mediterranean Cruise
# 2009 | Navigator of the Seas | Short Western Med Cruise
# 2010 | Radiance of the Seas | Western Caribbean
* 2011 | Mariner of the Seas | Western Mediterranean Cruise
Old 03-05-2009, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the information. I have sailed on: Voyager, Mariner, Explorer, Adventure, Serenade, Monarch, Majesty, Enchantment, Grandeur, and Splendour. We love the access to the Concierge Lounge ever since we became Diamond club members a couple years ago. Is the Diamond Club Lounge on the Independence reserved for only those members with Diamond Club status. I hate to sound snooty but on the last coulpe of Voyager class ships, the Concierge Lounge was jammed with people. Its my understanding that all suite guests, as well as Diamond members, share the Concierge Lounge on the Voyager class ships. Although under 18 years of age are not allowed in the Concierge Lounge, it seems that a lot of people bring their kids. The Independence has a seperate Lounge for Diamond Members, is it crowded?
Old 03-05-2009, 04:23 PM

The Diamond Club is bigger than the concierge lounge, plus it has a balcony area with tables. The Diamond Club holds around 85 people and is located on deck 14. If it's too crowded they close it and open the Labyrinth Lounge on deck 3 between 5pm and 8:30pm for the entire week. Only Grand Suite and above guests are allowed in the concierge lounge.

>Edited to add pictures<

Sonny
Old 03-16-2009, 12:35 AM

Just for my personal information: ist there a separation between "concierge club" (D 10) for regular suite guests and "diamond club" (D 14) for all D & D+ at the Independece of the Seas? Or is the Diamond Club on Deck 14 a public lounge for all guests and just for the D/D+-Welcomeapero reserved for them?

Marco
Old 03-16-2009, 06:38 AM

The Diamond Club on deck 14 is only for guests that are Diamond Members. You need a Concierge card to enter. I added pictures of the Diamond Club on the Independence in my last post in this thread.

Sonny
Old 03-16-2009, 08:53 AM

Hi Sony

Thousand thanks for your reply and pictures. That means, regular suite guests (GS and above, without D or D+) will not have access to this Diamond Club Lounge on Deck 14, right?

Otherwise the D & D+ are welcome in the Concierge Club on Deck 10?

Marco
Old 03-16-2009, 03:16 PM

On the "Freedom" class ships, Diamond and Diamond Plus members cannot access the Concierge Club on Deck 10, unless they are in a GS or above. The same goes for guests that are in a GS or above. If they're not a Diamond Member, they're not suppose to be in the Diamond Club on Deck 14. On other class ships that have a Concierge Lounge, both GS or above guests and Diamond Members have access to the lounge.

Sonny
Old 03-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Administrator

So the question begs...if you are on a Freedom class ship, a diamond member, and also in a GS or above suite, do you have access to both lounges?

Closed Thread

Tags
car, club, concierge, consierge, diamant, family, independence, junior, liberty, members, pictures, royal, seas, service, suite, vintage