Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2003, 01:54 PM

Friends are going with us to St Maarten, Aruba, and Curacao. Any snorkeling suggestions with the cruise line or on our own are most appreciated. We are cruising in mid Feb 2004. Thanks for the input!
Old 12-15-2003, 01:54 PM

Friends are going with us to St Maarten, Aruba, and Curacao. Any snorkeling suggestions with the cruise line or on our own are most appreciated. We are cruising in mid Feb 2004. Thanks for the input!
Old 01-01-2004, 06:27 PM

Here's a suggestion of where not to snorkel on St. Maarten, although it wasn't awful, just not too great. Don't choose RCCL's Pinel Island snorkel -- the group is way too big and the snorkeling was just OK. When they feed the fish, obviously many people are drawn to a very small area and you see more human legs and rear-ends than anything else, plus get clobbered in the frenzy. The very best snorkeling ever is at St. Thomas, on Captain Nautica. We have done several snorkel tours and this by far was the best -- we will go again in March. Small group, fast boat, excellent sites, and great crew
Old 01-02-2004, 09:39 AM

Thanks for the input, we really appreciate it.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:20 PM

Hi, my husband and I went to Aruba on 3 holidays. We love Baby Beach. It has great snorkeling, the water is warm the fish plentiful and you can even stand up in certain areas. Now, the beach is lovely, locals use this beach, and there is just one little snack bar which was good for beer and snacks. The other trip we took was on a catamaran and it was lovely. I can't remember the name of it, but the boat is nice, music not too loud, and you snorkel over an old German boat that sank during WWII. The Germans scuttled it themselves and stayed on the island for the entire war. Some descendants are still on the island. Anyway, you snorkel over this ship, and there are scuba divers below, the bubbles from their tanks come up to the surface and you feel just like you are swimming in Perrier. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Try it you will love it.
Marny
Old 01-21-2004, 04:34 PM

i didnt know about the catamaran trip, now i gotta go wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back down to aruba!!!! i agree baby beach is very nice. water shallow 2 feet maybe out to where there is good snorkling. i felt as safe there as i do on st john usvi. if your going on ship, rent a car and drive yourself, very easy to do. and dont give back car keys till your dont on island, its a long walk back around to the ship, cause the guard wont let u thru the gate if u dont have car keys to "return"
Old 01-21-2004, 06:09 PM

Well, thanks to all for the great ideas. Two weeks til we leave YAHOOOOO!!!!! We have decided to book a two hour snorkeling tour with Roberto's Snorkeling in Aruba and then we are going on the KUKU Bus in the evening for dinner and drinking through the cruise line. In Curcacao we will be beaching it at Playa Porto Mari beach and shopping and in St Maarten we are going on the Americas Cup Regatta race through the cruise line. In St Thomas we will be at Megans Bay beach for Valentines Day and fun in the sun. Thanks again to all and see you on the other side of the trip. Watch for the cruise review after the 16th of Feb.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:32 PM

Any snorkeling suggestions for key west,
it's only a 1/2 day stop but still we want
to snorkel.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:38 PM

Do you take your own snorkel mouthpiece when opting to snorkle? How DO the places clean the individually used mouthpieces if one opts to purchase such an excursion?
Old 02-19-2004, 08:27 AM

We do have our own gear for that very reason but I will tell you that all of the places that we saw on the trip used bleach water to sterilize the gear. Snorkel gear is very inexpensive if you shop right at the end of the season and then if you have your own gear and an opportunity to snorkel is presented at the spur of the moment, you have the gear.

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, curacao