Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 09:58 PM

We are going to be cruising for the first time in the southern caribbean. Have people been getting good service on Serenade of the Seas? What are the must see things in St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and Barbados? Has anyone taken the whale watching excursion from St. Lucia? Thanks for any and all help.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:59 AM

I have not been on the Serenade recently so I can't help with your first question, but have you checked out the info on our sister site, PortReviews.com, regarding the "must sees"? The info and reviews found there is always a good place to start:
http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/

Are you a beach person or do you prefer sightseeing activities? In St. Lucia the top of my list would be a visit to Sulphur Springs (a drive-in volcano)and the Diamond Botanical Garden while catching views of the Pitons along the way. I would end my day at one of the beautiful beaches (Anse Chastenet is my favorite).

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-12-2005, 05:56 AM

Hi, Was on the Serenade of the seas in February. A very clean ship. We all have our definitions of service. On our cruise we felt the service was fine. The usual good mornings please sterilize your hands. The sanitizers are everywhere. In St. Lucia and St. Martin we hit the beaches. St. Martin we took the water Taxi over to the beach. St. Lucia we took the cab. My wife in the afternoon went fishing. A waste of money she said. St Thomas, I believe my wife did the snuba excursion and loved it. My son and I went to Magan's Bay. Back to the ship. The food was very good the shows even better as the Nelson's performed and they were two nice fellows. They would mix and mingle with everyone. I will be doing the southern caribbean in Feb. Hey come to think of it. 4 months from today (12th) will be enjoying Aruba on this trip. The only thing I can remember about the Serenade was the last day of the cruise was spent at sea. To me, when that happens, it feels like one long disembarkation.
Have a wonderful time.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:21 AM

Loved the serenade! Very clean,tastifully done ship and the size was perfect(not to monsterous) Service was great. You can't miss going over to st. john (trunk bay) while in st. thomas...beautiful quaint and just what you'd picture the tropics to look like.
We've always been partial to taking at least one catamaran cruise on each of our vacations. You can do one in most of the islands..Barbadoes and St. Martin were both good trips for us.
Have fun!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:42 AM

Good call about Trunk Bay in St. Johns. I will be doing that on my next cruise.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:44 PM

Which place does everyone like more in St. Thomas? Magan's Bay, Trunk Bay or Sapphire beach? We are lloking for the most beautiful beach without total seclusion. I will be with my 20 year old daughter. This will be our first time there and I am narrowing down excursions!! Only 3 more months!!
Diana
Old 10-12-2005, 07:32 PM

Dear Gypsy~~~

We were last on the Serenade in July. This is above all our favorite ship on the blue seas!

The entire staff makes it so, but I must mention Faroud and Troy who head up the nightlife in the Odyssey bar and its sister-lounges. Now, we are not exactly young people---we are quite a bit older....but my point is that they, along with all of their colleagues, will treat you to the vacation/cruise of your life. These great folks are on call early in the morning at every stop along the way to make sure you have the best time.

We have enjoyed many trips on the beautiful Serenade of the Seas, and we cannot wait until our next sailing....

You know, it can't hurt: Once you step onboard, mention to every soul/staff that you run into that you have heard how great they are, and I can assure you--you will be met with open arms. What a great crew!

Tell them that the Cooks from New York sent you! (It it simple, and it can't hurt! They of course won't actually remember us from Adam, but...) What a warm crew lives on this ship.

Please have the time of your life!!!

Lana
Old 10-12-2005, 08:04 PM

On thinking about what I said---good grief----they might remember us!! but that could be because we did appreciate their hospitality! (I would ONLY say this about this particular ship.)

Even the captains (both of them who rotate on their contracts), emit, from their command, a sense of fellowship that is unique among ships sailing these days......What a sense of commaraderie! The officers in command are so available and so accessible to the passengers! Most enjoyable!

Once again---you will so very much enjoy your time on this particular ship!! You will indeed feel that you are sailing on a ship, in addition to being part of a great resort on the high seas.

Lana
Old 10-13-2005, 04:33 PM

I have not been to sapphire beach, but Magen's Beach is not what I'd call "total seclusion". Trunk Bay and some of the beaches in st. john seem more secluded. If you're looking for total seclusion or a non-touristy spot you can ask the locals. In antigua we had a cab bring us to this beautiful beach near a resort...Fabulous!!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:41 PM

deefee,
Hmm, I guess if I had to choose between those 3 beaches, I would make Trunk Bay my first choice. If I didn't want to take the time to ferry over to St. John and chose to stay in St. Thomas, I would pick Sapphire Beach. Although Magen's Bay was once considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I think it has lost its luster and much prefer Sapphire Beach.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, days, excursions, forum, lost, miss, missing, people, person, royal, seas, serenade, things, young