Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Grandeur of the Seas (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/32720-grandeur-seas.html)

Saji 02-05-2007 09:11 AM

We will be cruising on Grandeur of the Seas March 3rd. Looking for any tips about the ship and any suggestions for excursions at our ports, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Has anyone done the Dune Buggy Safari in Cozumel or the Helmet Diving in Grand Cayman?

cruising boo boo 02-06-2007 04:58 PM

Hi, I was on the Grandeur in 4-04. I LOVE THAT SHIP!!!! great lay out, wonderful adults only pool area/ hot tubs. We did Sting Ray city via an independent tour we found at the dock, grat trip, great price! Costa Maya we haggled for a snorkling trip that left from Tequila beach ( we took a bus there that the tour guide directed us too) great trip, cheap $$$ after we did a bit of shopping/ snacking and drinking. Later in the day we hung out at the peir, FUN PORT!!! in Cozumel we took a taxi to Playa San Fransisco, good beach area, then went downtown to shop and eat at Panchos Backyard ( YUM)
enjoy!!!

Nadine 02-07-2007 02:22 PM

Yep, you gotta eat at Poncho's Backyard! It is nice and has great food. I'm glad our tour guide recommended it.

At Costa Maya we went to the Chachhoben Ruins. We thoroughly enjoyed that.

At Grand Cayman, we visited Stingray City. Can't miss that one--it's really fun!

You'll love the Grandeur. We have been on the Grandeur twice and will definitely go again.

Enjoy!

Nadine

tshake 02-13-2007 03:28 PM

In Costa maya take a shuttle ride to downtown for 3:00 $ per person. Once there find a nice spot on the beach.

Beach is free but have to pay for chairs and umbrellas rentals.

We did a massage on the beach for $10:00.
Ordered few beers and snacks.
Rented a waverunner $30:00 for half hour.

This beats all ship excursion. Just enjoy sun/sand/waves. And can be done by yourself.

The water was terquois blue. Amazing, never seen anything like it.

Enjoy!!!!

goin' cruisin' 02-13-2007 09:07 PM

We went to the Western Caribbean on Grandeur out of New Orleans in 4/03; one of the best trips ever. We're in our 40s and loved the Fiesta party Boat in Cozumel; nice little boating trip, live music, complimentary drinks, beach time, and a roving tequila distributor (save your drink cup-they have everybody sucking down tequila out of the same two shot glasses...) Stingray City is a great trip in Grand Cayman; you can avoid the trip to Hell----really cheezy. The guy in the Hell gift store greets you with a less than heart felt "What the hell do you want?"

georgi 02-16-2007 08:57 AM

We were on that ship last year. I loved it! Just don't try to order an iced coffee at the coffee shop - they look at you like you are crazy and will screw it up. haha

Chef Ken 02-16-2007 09:48 AM

Grandeur is a wonderful ship, great dining room staff! Cruise director is very personable and a lot of fun. They are supposed to be but he stands out, sorry I don't remember his name.