Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2006, 06:36 PM

Also...our stateroom is 9092 which is the first one right off the elevator. It appears to have a very large balcony. Has anyone stayed in this stateroom before???

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-22-2006, 01:19 PM

We like the Ft. Lauderdale port. We will be leaving from there on Saturday, so will let you know if there are any problems. There hasn't been in the past.

The Tampa port is also very nice. What we like about Ft. Lauderdale is that we go a day early and stay at a motel. The port is close to the motels.

Nadine
Old 11-22-2006, 01:25 PM

My girlfriend and I will be on this cruise and we are so looking forward to it. We're up here in Vancouver Canada and it's been raining all month. So much rain we can't even drink the water. No matter what you've heard, it really doesn't rain THIS much here. LOL
We have a long flight just to get to the ship but we also have heard nothing but good things about it.
So with all your research, have you seen anything about Cruise Passenger Friendly resorts in Grand Cayman. We would like to spend the day at 7 mile beach and use some resorts wonderful facilities. Something with open bar, buffet, you know, the works!! I know there will be some sort of users fee but that's cool.
Have a great trip and maybe we'll meet on board. Who knows, maybe we'll share the same dinning table.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:36 PM

Just finished an 8 night cruise on Radiance and overall it was a great experience. My only complaint was that the golf simulator did not work and apparently had been out of commission off and on for some time. One of the main reasons we picked Radiance was because of that simulator so it was a major disappointment, especially the "nothing we can do about it" attitude of the staff. Other than that, we had a ball, great cruise director, Kieran, excellent rock band, Cruise Control, in the Colony Club and a great standards singer in the Centrum.

As far as the port of FT Lauderdale goes, leave yourself plenty of time. The day we left, 10/28, there was 1 security booth open when we arrived, about 12:15 and I'd say about 6 lanes of traffic merging into that one lane. It wasn't pretty. Finally another 2 booths were opened which marginally helped the situation. We were never in any danger of missing the ship, just a stressful way to start a vacation.

We did the Easter Caribbean so I can't help you with any info on the western ports.

Enjoy yourself, I'm sure you'll have a ball.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:32 PM

We returned two weeks ago from the Western Caribbean cruise on the Radiance of the Seas. Great ship, great food, and great crew. We are now thinking about the 14 day Panama Canel cruise on the Radiance in April.

Weather was not good for our cruise. 52 degrees in Key West with 15-20 MPH winds. That night it was (as the Captain said) bumpy-bumpy.

Took the Tulum Mayan Ruins tour in Cozumel. Not worth the time nor money.

Grand Cayman was cancelled because high winds closed the port for tendering.

Montego Bay was windy and it rained almost all day. We were going to go on the Mayfield Falls tour booked through A-Z Jamaica but it was cancelled due to weather.

Nonetheless, we enjoyed the cruise and will go again. Nightly shows were great and top quality.
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010
Old 12-09-2006, 06:59 PM

Ceemonster, are you on the Feb 17th Eastern cruise? We are doing that one.

Quote:
Originally posted by ceemonster:
Hey welcome to cruise-chat. You are going to love the Radiance. Though I get alot of opposition to this statement but here goes, I think the Radiance is one of RCCL's best ships. I have been on every class of ship they have except the Freedom and the Empress. I even went on the Song of America when it was the Flag ship. I know her staff is among the best and its just a very romantic ship. The pool table are awesome. I will be booking the Liberty on my sext cruise (Nov 27th next week so that I can get my onboard credit) I am going again on the Radiance next Feb. are you doing the Western or Eastern cruise?

Closed Thread

Tags
15, calm, caribean, cruise, december, good, mph, radiance, reviews, seas, ship, winds