Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2006, 09:37 PM

My wife and I are taking our very first cruise in a few weeks. I have read about every review possible concerning RCI's Radiance of the Seas. Is anyone else taking this cruise?

Have we picked a good time of the year for our very first cruise experience and have we picked a good ship?

We are SOOOOO excited!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-20-2006, 09:54 PM

Hello oeshpdog2,

Welcome to cruise-chat. You have good reason to be excited. The Radiance is a wonderful ship. Wait until you see the pool tables... WOW! It will blow your mind. I've been on all the "Radiance" class ships and I love them. Sorry to say I won't be on the Radiance the same time you are. Have a great cruise!

Sonny
Old 11-21-2006, 06:38 AM

Thanks for the reply Sonny. I have read about their self-leveling pool tables and I can't even fathom that because I play pool at friend's houses and they are hardly ever 100% level on solid ground.

We keep telling our friends that we hope it is 20 degrees when we leave home so we can appreciate the warm water and sea air of the Caribbean.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:41 AM

Here's hoping for blue skies, warm sunshine and smooth water. I think you'll enjoy every minute. I'm tired of winter and it hasn't even started. We're looking forward to getting into the warm Caribbean as well, just a few days after you sail. Best wishes and happy holidays!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:11 AM

Hello just returned from the eastern caribbean onth the stunning and fantastic ship the Radiance of the Sea. Remember its a Ship and not a boat. Every thing was real nice a word of advise to you is to SET BACK AND LET THE CREW AND STAFF PAMPER YOU THIS IS WHAT THEY DO BEST!!
we enjoyed our self so much and take lots of pictures and as the Captian says have a " HERDY GIRDY DAY !!!!"
Old 11-21-2006, 10:56 AM

As far as the time of year, yep, December is the perfect month. We were married the first week of December and done our honeymoon on a cruise. We were hooked and loved it. In fact, usually, the cheapest time of the year to go is the second week of December. It should be great weather and calm seas. We have only had one rough day so far in the December cruises. Take care and I know you are going to love it!! You will be hooked!!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 11-21-2006, 12:43 PM

Hey welcome to cruise-chat. You are going to love the Radiance. Though I get alot of opposition to this statement but here goes, I think the Radiance is one of RCCL's best ships. I have been on every class of ship they have except the Freedom and the Empress. I even went on the Song of America when it was the Flag ship. I know her staff is among the best and its just a very romantic ship. The pool table are awesome. I will be booking the Liberty on my sext cruise (Nov 27th next week so that I can get my onboard credit) I am going again on the Radiance next Feb. are you doing the Western or Eastern cruise?

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-21-2006, 01:09 PM

We are doing the Western Caribbean this trip. I plan on taking an extreme amount of photos to share with folks because I know how great it has been to go out and look at pics of the ship from others who have posted on the internet. I am bringing my laptop just for the reason of being to dump my pics each night and save on the extra memory sticks.

We doign the Passion Island excursion on Cozumel. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with it? A buddy of ours said it was like the Corona commercials!

Old 11-21-2006, 01:11 PM

We are leaving on the Radiance in FOUR days! I can't wait!

It is our 6th cruise, but the first on the Radiance. Everything I have heard about her is great.

Also, we went on the Grandeur in 12/05. We were on the ship on the 13th. I remember because it is my husband's birthday. It was a beautiful time to be cruising. The ship was decorated for Christmas and it was breathtaking. You will love December sailing!

Nadine
Old 11-21-2006, 05:32 PM

Nadine...I am very jealous. Our 25 days until our cruise cannot go by quick enough. Please post when you get back and let me know how you like it.

Also...does anyone have any experience with Ft. Lauderdale as a Port?

Closed Thread

Tags
15, calm, caribean, cruise, december, good, mph, radiance, reviews, seas, ship, winds