Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Asking Sonny or whoever else knows the answer...I just bought 100 shares today, and have a cruised booked for Europe for next May. What are the logistics for getting the onboard credit for this, and any other cruises I book?
Thanks!
Ellie
Old 05-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Go here for the details.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:09 AM

SD send your details in per Email since you will get an answer ... mostly in 2 working days. The other ways incl. fax seem a problem...
Old 05-05-2007, 08:21 AM

SD - we faxed our info and had no problems at all. We also got an OBC for our Celebrity cruise in December. A day or two after you board your cruise, check at the Purser's desk to make sure your credit is reflected on your account. If not, they can send an email to get your account credited.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:42 PM

I've gotten about $600 dollars in on board credit since I bought RCL stock. That's a good return. Last week we only got $50 because it was a 5 night cruise. We also bought two "Next cruise bookings" which means we'll get another $100 on board credit when we use them. Did you know you can go the guest relations counter and cash out your cruise credits? We did it last week because we didn't spend any money while on the ship.

Sonny

Old 05-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned

Hey Sonny, I just thought of something. I know you get double cruise credits toward gold, platinum, diamond, and diamond plus status with Crown and Anchor when you book a balcony or suite. When you reference your 34+ cruises, is that actual cruises or cruises as in the Crown and Anchor vernacular?
Old 05-06-2007, 07:36 PM

You get two cruise credits when in a suite. I've only been in one suite which was an owner's suite in December. I actually have been on 34 cruises with RCCL counting last week. I think I'll be getting an extra cruise credit because I was in a junior suite. I hope so, my wife told me we want to get to 40 cruises when we sail on the Liberty because it's our 40th wedding anniversary year. If we have 40 cruise credits when on the Liberty we'll get a crystal of the liberty. It will be our 3rd crystal. We got one at 20 cruises, and one at 30 cruises. We'll get on for every 10 cruises. They really are nice!

Sonny

Old 05-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

We received double credits for our JS on the Explorer last month; you should, too.

Very nice on the cruise count! 40 on your 40th is a great goal. My folks did their first (and only) on their 60th anniversary...

"Only" not because they didn't enjoy it; they had a great time. Unfortunately, mom passed a few months later. They wished they'd started earlier, like us.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:44 PM

GC, all kidding we do aside. I am sorry to read your Mom passed. My parents won't go either yet and are upper 60's. Hope your Dad is doing well. Your post sorta slapped me up side the head.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
I've gotten about $600 dollars in on board credit since I bought RCL stock. That's a good return. Last week we only got $50 because it was a 5 night cruise. We also bought two "Next cruise bookings" which means we'll get another $100 on board credit when we use them. Did you know you can go the guest relations counter and cash out your cruise credits? We did it last week because we didn't spend any money while on the ship.

Sonny
As a less experienced cruiser I might be getting cruise credits and onboard credit mixed up.

On my last cruise I also did not spend enough to use up my onboard credit, but I applied the balance to the tips. You must have also paid tips on your five day cruise, so I am assuming that cruise credits must be something different - unless you prefer to pay tips directly to the crew members?

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, credit, onboard, rcl, stock, stockholders