Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 PM

Hi everyone, me and my fiance' have reserved a Junior Suite, JS, on the Enchantment of the Seas for May of next year for our honeymoon. I've been reading alot of posts with people saying they were totaly happy with inside or outside staterooms with no balcony. I know it costs like $300 more but I feel like the JS's big balcony will add alot to the enjoyment of the cruise. I just would like some opinions and info. thanks
Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 PM

Hi everyone, me and my fiance' have reserved a Junior Suite, JS, on the Enchantment of the Seas for May of next year for our honeymoon. I've been reading alot of posts with people saying they were totaly happy with inside or outside staterooms with no balcony. I know it costs like $300 more but I feel like the JS's big balcony will add alot to the enjoyment of the cruise. I just would like some opinions and info. thanks
Old 08-18-2005, 08:41 AM

I was on Enchantment with balcony You will be so happy that you chose a balcony You wil have a grand time with or without balcony The extra cost, I feel it well worht it
Old 08-18-2005, 08:56 AM

Did you are anyone else spend much time in your room? Did you enjoy sitting on your own balcony verus the other sitting areas around the ship?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:22 AM

Shane,
Since this is your honeymoon - I would not hesitate booking the JS. You will welcome the opportunities to be alone on the balcony. You can have room service breakfasts served on the balcony in the morning, enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail and watch the sunset or have a nightcap and admire the night sky. It is total bliss and will add an element to your honeymoon that would just not be available otherwise. While you may not spend a lot of time out there - the time you do spend will be well worth the extra $300. The stateroom itself, is just a bit larger making your honeymoon accomodations just that much more special. Trust me, your fiancee will be quite happy with your decision!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-18-2005, 09:10 PM

I agree. Our first cruise we had a window and the second we had an interior and I thought the interior was just as nice. No sense wasting money on a room we only slept in.

Then a few cruises later, along came a sale on the balcony cabins on Explorer of the Seas and oh my! I was thrilled with the balcony. I'd go out there and read, then just stare at the ocean and the sky. At night I was so moved by the vastness of the ocean, the huge blackness with stars overhead. It was a thrill just to stand at the railing. I was spoiled forever.

On our last cruise we were with family and the women lived on my balcony. It was so nice to have a private place to talk.

Interior rooms are great. Windows are nice. A balcony is heaven.

Old 08-19-2005, 05:05 AM

Marian, I loved your description of the difference in the 3 categories of staterooms!! A very apt description.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-19-2005, 01:37 PM

Shane - This is your honeymoon - go for it! Remember, it is not the quantity of time you spend in your stateroom that will make the difference, but the quality of the time you do spend there. If it is at all within your budget, a balcony is a "must do" on your honeymoon - at least in my opinion.
Shelley
Old 08-19-2005, 09:29 PM

alright I'm stuck on the JS balcony now, its so dang far away, I want to go NOW!

Closed Thread