Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 AM

loirule, It's not just RCI where things disappear. A fews years ago, the wife and I went on cruise out of New Orleans on Carnival. We left our luggage outside our cabin and part of that luggage was a video camera. I learned my lesson the hard way, anything of value, make that a carry on item. Carnival did reimburse us $50.00 for the camera. By the way, we didn't have travel insurance.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by psychocruiser:
Naw, I don't think "Or..." applies. Heck, they train monkeys at Stanford not to repeat behavior after getting smacked around a few times. The OP got smacked around enough and learned.
Ok if you say so.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Fly-by poster or not, this does indicate two important issues. First, buy insurance. Second, do not leave anything of value in your checked bags.

I'm the type who packs as if I am never going to see my stuff again.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 AM

So sorry it happened to you. But, it seems that whenever we see someone relaying their stories of lost luggage, it is always something of value that should NOT have been in that luggage. That tells us something very important, does it not?
As most said here, "lesson learned"! Baggage handlers are not watched 24/7. It can happen at any airport or cruise port in any part of the world and it does. Take responsibility for your own valuables. That is the only way!!!
Again, sorry about your loss. You might check with your home owners insurance. I don't know, but it can't hurt.
kathycruiser

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-09-2007, 08:36 AM

Who says it was the baggage handlers? It is VERY possible that the camera bag was delivered to the cabin and another passgener walked by and grabbed it. There is a LOT of luggage sitting out in the hallways on embarkation night... not much is done to prevent someone of low moral standards from walking off with something they see as potentially profitable.

We never check our valuables - jewelery, cameras, etc etc either in the plane or at the ship...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-09-2007, 08:39 AM

On one of our last Princess cruises they delivered the alcohol to the cabins on the afternoon of the last day of the cruise & left it by the cabin door in the hall way for anyone to pickup as they strolled by. Real smart.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RichC:
On one of our last Princess cruises they delivered the alcohol to the cabins on the afternoon of the last day of the cruise & left it by the cabin door in the hall way for anyone to pickup as they strolled by. Real smart.
That would be nice. It would be great to stroll down the hall enjoying a great libation buffet.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Who says it was the baggage handlers? It is VERY possible that the camera bag was delivered to the cabin and another passgener walked by and grabbed it. There is a LOT of luggage sitting out in the hallways on embarkation night... not much is done to prevent someone of low moral standards from walking off with something they see as potentially profitable.
You are so right. Sorry for assuming.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Perhaps camera/cell phone pictures of you handing over luggage!!!! I believe also- these items may just as well disappear outside ones door.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Well I was not going to post but this is really strange.
I was on the adventure of the seas, and the handlers of the packages do it in front of many people. I even remember, as I was going inside the ship, seen them put the luggage inside the ship so I donít believe it was the handlers. I canít say the same for the people inside the ship, your fellow passengers, if its looks like a laptop well is no brainier. Is difficult for me to believe this kind of things happen, you will ask why?
ē Is a laptop, a very expensive electronic device but also a very breakable one, How can you put that kind of thing inside a luggage?? Have you ever seen how the cruise lines handle them? I donít remember any of my cruises without one of my luggage been throw out inside without many other luggage over it, believe me they donít handle them like a BABY they throw them and many times the other passenger luggage hit them or they even break them, not my case but it can happen. A laptop is something to be careful, inside a luggage IT WILL BREAK!!! So as I see it, it was either lost or you will have received it broken so is not much lost there, same case with the camera, the Bose headphones and the DVDís. Next time donít do it.
ē As for royal (RCCL) if I were them I will have never believe your story because of what I say before so maybe thatís the problem, they think your are trying to get advantage from them and charge them with something that you didnít had in your luggage.

I am sorry of what happen to you I hope you get your refund as I will never wish for something so terrible for me, but remember they will do anything to avoid paying for it.
Once again Iím sorry and hope everything turn out to a happy endingÖ

Closed Thread

Tags
baggage, beware, call, canaveral, caribbean, cruise, employees, handler, handlers, miami, port, rci, reviews, royal, tipping