Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 PM

My husband and I are going on our first cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary in one week. We set this up 9 months ago, and I just don't know where the time has gone. I have several questions that I just cannot find the answers to, and I would appreciate ANY help. We are doing the Western Caribbean on Rhapsody of the seas.

My questions...do they provide irons/boards in the rooms? (We are in a suite on the 3rd deck), and can someone please, please tell me just how dressy is formal? We are a retired military officer couple, and are accustomed to "formal" formals. I appreciate any information
Old 09-12-2005, 05:47 PM

Congratulations on your anniversary! Quite a milestone, and a cruise is a great way to celebrate.

There will not be irons & ironing boards in the rooms, due to potential fire hazard. (Cruise lines don't want you to bring your own either.) I don't believe Rhapsody has self-serve laundry rooms, but you will probably get a more definitive answer from someone else on the forum.

"Formal" means different things to different people. You will see everything from long gowns and tuxes to "Sunday best." (And probably a few wandering around in their cutoffs as well, though not as much as on some other lines.) If you are used to really formal wear, and don't mind it, by all means bring it; you won't feel out of place. The ship's photographers will have various places set up throughout the ship for nice portraits that night too, and it's a good opportunity to get a nice picture done. (Extra charge, of course! )

Have a wonderful anniversary!

Closed Thread