Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 05:37 PM

We are currently booked on the 10th floor just below the dining room. Does anyone know if we will experience any extra noise being in this location? Thank you
Old 01-12-2008, 05:37 PM

We are currently booked on the 10th floor just below the dining room. Does anyone know if we will experience any extra noise being in this location? Thank you
Old 01-12-2008, 07:04 PM

Being under the Windjammer would not be my first choice. See if there are any other cabins still available that you may be able to move to. I never like being under an activity deck, disco, galley, kids play area, etc. if I can help it. Sometimes with the guarantee bookings you take what you get. But if you booked an assigned cabin and got this one, I'd ask for a change.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-12-2008, 07:17 PM

Trvl Pro,
It is an aft cabin do you still recommend we change?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:28 PM

DebbieSue, I've been in cabins under the Windjammer more than once; no problem. Are you at the stern of the ship? The reason I ask is because there will be some obstructed view. A corner cabin would be fine, but if your more toward the center you might not like looking at the support steel that wraps around the back of the ship.

What is your cabin number?

Sonny
Old 01-12-2008, 07:31 PM

Sonny,
We are in 1402
Old 01-13-2008, 11:16 AM

That room is not on the corner and will have a view similar to what Sonny showed you. It would not be my first choice but I wouldn't miss a cruise because of it if there are no other cabins available. We just got off the Liberty in December and she is a magnificent ship.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 01-14-2008, 11:12 AM

Is room 1400 which is on the corner obstructed by those metal supports as well? Seemed like a good room wider space and more spacious balcony but if the majority of the balcony is a wall and the view is obstructed by metal supports I'm liking maybe I should have just booked a D1 category starboard instead. What can you tell me? Appreciate your input.
quote:
Originally posted by electech:
That room is not on the corner and will have a view similar to what Sonny showed you. It would not be my first choice but I wouldn't miss a cruise because of it if there are no other cabins available. We just got off the Liberty in December and she is a magnificent ship.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:31 PM

tmercer,
From what I have read your cabin in great and has a huge balcony with no obstruction. Your room is also larger that the standard room. We are on the March 29th sailing how about you.
Debbie
Old 01-14-2008, 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DebbieSue:
tmercer,
From what I have read your cabin in great and has a huge balcony with no obstruction. Your room is also larger that the standard room. We are on the March 29th sailing how about you.
Debbie

True, RCCL does not consider the view Sonny posted above an obstructed view. That is however a photo of exactly what the view will be. I'd take that cabin over a port or starboard cabin anyday. I like the larger stern balconies and there is a little less turbulence from the wind on your balcony back there.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
10, 10th, cabin, carnival, cruise, deck, dr, floor, liberty, review, reviews, room, rooms, seas, windjammer