Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 10:43 PM

This must happen often enough, we missed 2 ports last week due to Hurricane Olga. Eveyone seemed really happy though, i actually liked more sea days so it all worked out and got to enjoy Freedom of the Seas a lot more.
This is my first cruise with RCI and I must say, i loved the entertainment on board, the cruise director is a cutie too (Richard Spacey). I have this cruise now to compare to the 4 I had with Princess and I must say, there are both pluses and minuses with both.
Any suggestions on the next cruise line we should try?
2005 Coral Princess 21d Panama Canal
2004 Sapphire Princess 10d Mexican Riviera
Old 12-17-2007, 10:43 PM

This must happen often enough, we missed 2 ports last week due to Hurricane Olga. Eveyone seemed really happy though, i actually liked more sea days so it all worked out and got to enjoy Freedom of the Seas a lot more.
This is my first cruise with RCI and I must say, i loved the entertainment on board, the cruise director is a cutie too (Richard Spacey). I have this cruise now to compare to the 4 I had with Princess and I must say, there are both pluses and minuses with both.
Any suggestions on the next cruise line we should try?
2005 Coral Princess 21d Panama Canal
2004 Sapphire Princess 10d Mexican Riviera
Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 AM

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. I've been on the Freedom twice, and loved it too. After being on one of RCCL's mega ships, it's hard to compare anything else to them. Some people don't like the larger ships; some do. I love the "Radiance" class ships also. If you wanted to try something smaller, I'd suggest the Radiance class if you are thinking booking with Royal Caribbean.

Sonny
Old 12-18-2007, 06:21 AM

Welcome back HeyEliza, sounds like you had a great cruise. We just got back from the Emerald Princess and loved her, she's absolutely beautiful. I must say I prefer the Sun class ships, however. Without knowing your likes and dislikes, it's hard to suggest a different cruise line. Celebrity, Regent, Crystal, Seaborn or Costa, Carnival, Holland America, Cunard, there's a wide range of cruise lines out there. A wide price range, a wide variety of itineraries. I say, heck, try them all. Best wishes and welcome home. Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:24 PM

I was also on this sailing. The ship is great! At first I was disappointed at missing 2 ports but there is so much to do on this ship the sea days were still a blast! Lots of fun on the flowrider and in the pools when the sun was out. Entertainment was great, the cruise director was very funny. Overall it was a great cruise, very impressed with the size of the ship and how much there was to do.
Now I'm looking at booking either Independance of the Seas or the Caribbean Princess in 2008. I am undecided because I'm not sure if after being on such a huge new ship if going on a smaller, older ship would seem disappointing. Can anyone help me out? Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Ryan

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, missed, princess