Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 AM

OK, I just found the picture of the port of Gibralter and posted it to'

http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/...1/m/1441052641

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 08-18-2005, 02:57 AM

My husband and I have just returned from a 14 day Classic Mediterranean cruise on the Legend and have had a wonderful time. So much so that we and our table companions and dozens of others onboard have booked for next year. We found the ship to be very clean...there were always staff wiping the handrails..the public toilets and lounge areas were immaculate and the use of antisceptic handwash was in use at all times at the Windjammer as you entered..in all toilets and as you returned to the ship from ashore. We had a lovely cabin in excellent condition with large window and much bigger than expected, despite being the lower end of the market. The food was good, staff marvelous and very friendly..The deckchair problem is INCONSIDERATE PASSENGERS..not RCI who constantly asked no chairs be saved. There were wonderful sea views from everywhere on ship with all the glass and light.. the main dining room was on two levels with mirrors reflecting the level above.. the centrum with it's marble staircase and glass elevators was beautiful and their is a real elegance of liners of the past about LOS yet not old fashioned. The itinery was excellent..we enjoyed all the ports. I saw P & O several times..in fact arcadia right alongside us in Gibralter. Many of us had the same comment as we looked eye to eye at the passengers on their little box balconies which dominated the ship..it looked like a hotel..very closed in..no open decks or appearance of being a ship..dining room was in clear view and not a patch on ours.. and the price for our type cabin?? Virtually twice what we paid and doesn't look as good in the photo. We felt we had excellent value and excellent service. Loved every minute.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:00 AM

Hi Carol

Thank you so much for sharing your views. I recently booked for 24th June next year, on deck 6th with a large window, but having read a few unfavourable reviews (after I booked and paid a deposit) was in 2 minds whether to see if I could change over to P&O. Having been on another RC ship, Explorer of the Seas, I was getting very very twitchy about having done the right thing with LOS.

Your review has given be hope. I adored the Explorer of the Seas round the Caribbean a few years ago and did not want to cruise with any other company and then seeing this year LOS out of SOuthampton (which is just down the road from where we live) I was on the phone booking asap. It will be my 50th on 3 July, half way through the cruise, hence the dates and ship were very important.

Thank you so much.

Are you going to post anythig about the ports you visited. Your comments would help me in planning our trips on land.

Josie
Old 08-18-2005, 06:15 AM

Hi Tom

Thanks for your picture. Do you know, I have a very similar picture taken last June 2004 from the top of the rock.

I want to say how delighted I am with this forum, everyone's views etc. Thank you to everyone who partakes.

Also Tom, thanks for the info about 15 min walk to the main street in Gib. Hubby said to me (after I told him about my posting) that he knows exactly where the dock is as he only worked there a few years ago... well I didn't know..... but anyway, I will soon post the other ports and hopefully will get some good advice.

Your link to the review page, am I right in saying that it does not link onwards on Med cruises?????

Josie
Old 08-18-2005, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the kind words about this forum. Actually a forum like this is just the sum of its total parts, namely everyone that participates.

I am not sure which link you are referring too.

Tom
Old 08-19-2005, 05:55 AM

Tom

The link you quoted in your reply to me

europeportreviews.com

I read the page but there is no link to any detailed port review.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:24 AM

You are right, of course. I haven't written a review for Gibralter. Sorry for the wild goose chase.

Tom
Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Ogg:
5 and 10 are superb ages for a European cruise. Your 10 year old will remember it forever! Let us know if we can help with any of the ports.

Tom
Hello Tom and thanks again we are not going until July 2006 thanks for the offer about the ports as being a family of four we wouldnt be able to go on the ship excurisions all the time and with the children i think some are too long.Thank you for being so approachable about everything Art
Old 08-26-2005, 09:48 PM

Hi everyone
We will be leaving for a cruise on the Legend of the Seas in 14 weeks . I too have heard mixed reveus but all in all I truley think it is what you make out of it .
I have heard some great reveus and not so great . I did hear it went into drydock and had some carpets replaced and refurbished the Windjammer , possibally some cabin upgrades .
I would be more then happy to pop back and give you an idea of what the ship is like .
We are bringing my twin 4 year old DD's so I am hoping they have a wonderful kids program .

1989 Carnival -Carnival
1991 Carnival -Fantasy
1996 Costa - Classica
1998 Carnival - Fasination
1999 Carnival - Inspiration
2000 Holland America - Westerndam - married on Mendenhall Glacier
2005- RCCL - Legend of the seas
April 2006 Disney 7 day Magic and 4 day AKL
November 2006 ? some ship

Closed Thread

Tags
14, 14days, caribbean, cruise, cruises, day, kids, legend, line, long, mediterranean, mediterrranean, reviews, royal, seas