Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2005, 01:59 PM

Hello all we have booked a cruise on Legend of the seas for next year but lately i have came across some very bad reviews.Our cruise is for 14nights leaving Southampton UK next year,maybe booked too early but we are a family of four and we needed a family cabin anyone with any info I would be very grateful. Art
Old 07-28-2005, 02:45 PM

Art, the Legend is a great ship and you will have an excellent cruise. You can't miss on a 14-day Mediterranean itinerary. How old are you kids?

Tom
Old 08-08-2005, 01:07 PM

Hi

I have just booked for Legend of the Seas next year. Very early for us to book. I have read mixed reviews too. We did a cruise on Explorer of the Seas a few years ago round the Caribeen and enjoyed it so much, especially Jamaica, to such an extent we return to Jamaica a year later to get married!!! Anyway as I shall be celebrating or commiserating my 50th next year, 3rd July, I wanted to be out of the country. Several options were open, somewhere exotic, St. Lucia but I just could not face the flight, so after looking on the net saw RCI went out of Southampton for a 14 days cruise round the Med. I adored the previous cruise, liked the fact that you can eat formally or just grab burger and chips and chill out in your cabin watching television, and then to stop off and sea some sites, or just laze on the beach is wonderful. Cruising gives you so many options. I am hopeful that the Legend will not let me down and am very optimistic as most reviews are favourable. You will always get some people who are not happy with anything.

Are you on the same cruise as me 24th June dep Southampton. Maybe we can keep communicating until then by e mail.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by airt:
Hello all we have booked a cruise on Legend of the seas for next year but lately i have came across some very bad reviews.Our cruise is for 14nights leaving Southampton UK next year,maybe booked too early but we are a family of four and we needed a family cabin anyone with any info I would be very grateful. Art
annmaguire@blueyonder.co.uk
Old 08-14-2005, 01:50 PM

I would like to say I took a 14nt cruise this July on Legend and previously cruised with P&O 8 times although this ship is'nt up to their standard you will have a good time the golf course and skydome pool and spa are great features however you will struggle to get a sunbed on sea days,the food is ok but as a first time cruiser you will not be comparing it, lots of first tiome cruisers thought the ship was great, so do'nt worry too much, but in future book P & O
Old 08-16-2005, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Ogg:
Art, the Legend is a great ship and you will have an excellent cruise. You can't miss on a 14-day Mediterranean itinerary. How old are you kids?

Tom
Thanks Tom for the post just finding my way around slowly, our girls will be 5 and 10 when we set sail.Thanks again Tom
Old 08-16-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jarronwood:
Hi

I have just booked for Legend of the Seas next year. Very early for us to book. I have read mixed reviews too. We did a cruise on Explorer of the Seas a few years ago round the Caribeen and enjoyed it so much, especially Jamaica, to such an extent we return to Jamaica a year later to get married!!! Anyway as I shall be celebrating or commiserating my 50th next year, 3rd July, I wanted to be out of the country. Several options were open, somewhere exotic, St. Lucia but I just could not face the flight, so after looking on the net saw RCI went out of Southampton for a 14 days cruise round the Med. I adored the previous cruise, liked the fact that you can eat formally or just grab burger and chips and chill out in your cabin watching television, and then to stop off and sea some sites, or just laze on the beach is wonderful. Cruising gives you so many options. I am hopeful that the Legend will not let me down and am very optimistic as most reviews are favourable. You will always get some people who are not happy with anything.

Are you on the same cruise as me 24th June dep Southampton. Maybe we can keep communicating until then by e mail.
Hello Jarronwood and thankyou for the post and sorry for not getting back sooner .We are going on the 22/july/2006 you wiill have it all behind you by the time we are going so have a great time and happy birthday.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:03 PM

5 and 10 are superb ages for a European cruise. Your 10 year old will remember it forever! Let us know if we can help with any of the ports.

Tom
Old 08-17-2005, 05:14 AM

Hi Tom

I have read your recent review of LOD with much interest. As you are an avid cruiser and have written numerous reviews on different ships, I feel that your review for the Legend is probably the most un-biased. I have cruised once before on Explorer of the Seas and many many people said once you cruise on a RC line you would not want to cruise on any other, and so when I found out that LOS was departing Southampton for 14 nights med cruise, not to mention the ports of call, I was absolutely delighted. Living just a few miles away from the port here on the south coast of England, meant no long haul or even no flying. Bliss!

So, spoke to hubby and since the dates fitted in with my 50th birthday (3rd July) went ahead and booked it. We have booked a large oceanview room on the 6th deck (it would have cost an extra 800 for a balcony cabin)so we are looking forward to our trip so very much.

Anyway, I thought I would ask you and anybody else who has cruised the Med about the DIY excursions. Can you direct me to a web site which shows a map of where the ports are in relation to where the sites are in each port. We are visiting

Gibraltar - hubby and I often go to the Costa del Sol playing golf and go into Gib for our duty frees and take the cable car up to the top of the Rock to see the monkeys. We often see the cruise liners in port but being so many feet up in the air distances seem minimal. So can anyone advise me the best way to get into the main town. Taxi???

I shall post the other ports all separately in due course but thought I would kick off with Gib.

All advice, suggestions greatly received.

Josie
Old 08-17-2005, 06:53 AM

The ship docks in the commercial harbor quite close to the walled old section of Gibralter. I walked it and it is only a 15-minute walk, or so. I actually took a picture of the R-1 docked in the harbor from the top of the rock that I will post here (if I can find it) so that you can see the distances. As you already know, Gibralter is a wonderful port.

BTW, to find a good amount of useful information about the ports you are going to visit, check out http://www.EuropePortReviews.com. I think you will find the site very helpful.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
14, 14days, caribbean, cruise, cruises, day, kids, legend, line, long, mediterranean, mediterrranean, reviews, royal, seas