Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 02:17 PM

We are going on our second cruise on RC....leaving Sunday April 22 2007 from San Juan. We are arriving around 1pm, but the ship departs at 10 pm. My question is this, once we have signed in etc...., can we leave the ship and tour San Juan since the ship does not depart unit 10 pm.....
Old 04-16-2007, 02:29 PM

That's a good question. Once you have your sail card, you should be able to come and go as you would in any port of call. Unless they restrict that due to embarkation proceedings. Maybe they have a different entrance you can use?? I'd ask before I got on if I were you. Unless someone who has done this can answer for sure. It would be a tough call between getting on the ship and relaxing or holding off and touring San Jaun...I think I would elect for the ship though...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM

San Juan is considered a port of call for the Southern Caribbean cruises. That is why they don't leave until 10:00pm. Therefore Yes, you can check in, go have lunch and then go enjoy San Juan.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:32 PM

We just got off the Serenade. What a great cruise! You have to be back on board for the Muster Drill at 8 p.m.

We opted to stay on the ship and then did our touring of OSJ on disembarkation day. We did the $10 pp for our luggage to go from the pier to the airport. (Delta, and others do this.) This freed us up from our luggage so that we could tour the El Morro, go to the Harley shop, and still get to the airport in PLENTY of time for our 2:45 flight home.

Have fun planning!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old 04-17-2007, 05:42 AM

Our ship also leaves San Juan in August. I know that there are excursions that you can take on the last day if your plane leaves later in the day. If we take one of the excursions and our air is booked through RCL, what will happen to our luggage? Will it go to the airport without us or will we have to arrange something?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-17-2007, 12:06 PM

thanks
Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lpjpane:
Our ship also leaves San Juan in August. I know that there are excursions that you can take on the last day if your plane leaves later in the day. If we take one of the excursions and our air is booked through RCL, what will happen to our luggage? Will it go to the airport without us or will we have to arrange something?
When I took an excursion on the day of disembarkation, my luggage went with me on the excursion, and then I checked it in at the airport. I don't think that booking your air through RCI makes on bit of difference. (I almost always book my own air since it is usually cheaper that way.)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old 04-17-2007, 06:49 PM

I hope you will update us with your thoughts of the ship and cruise upon your return. I'll be on AOS in May and would appreciate any tips you could offer.

Enjoy!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cinque, excursion, rc, terre