Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:08 AM

I am a first time cruiser. Been reading a lot & everyone has been very helpful. Just a couple specific questions:
Can you really bring a case of water & put a tag on it to have it delivered to your room?
They say the water on the ship is drinkable...there is a difference between potable & drinkable. Does it taste good?
There are mixed posts about carry on alcohol...Just pack a bottle or hide it in unmarked container?
The shampoo & soap in the room... is it good stuff?
If you are planning to leave the ship for excursions at 9:30, how long does it REALLY take to get a bite of breakfast & make your way to the pier?
If the ship leaves at 5:00pm, can you make it back on board if you are at the pier at 4:30?
I appreciate your responses.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-14-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Suzy D:
I am a first time cruiser. Been reading a lot & everyone has been very helpful. Just a couple specific questions:
Can you really bring a case of water & put a tag on it to have it delivered to your room?

I don't see why not, but water is free unless you want bottled. The water in the room is fine. I just used to brush teeth. At the restaurants the water tasted fine.

They say the water on the ship is drinkable...there is a difference between potable & drinkable. Does it taste good?

There are mixed posts about carry on alcohol...Just pack a bottle or hide it in unmarked container?

If you take alcohol on board and they find out, you can be kicked off the ship. To me it's not worth the risk.

The shampoo & soap in the room... is it good stuff?

Soap was fine. There was a dispenser of something in the shower, but it was empty. In other words, take your own shampoo and conditioner.

If you are planning to leave the ship for excursions at 9:30, how long does it REALLY take to get a bite of breakfast & make your way to the pier?

It depends if you want to eat in the dining room, which takes longer, or the Windjammer, which is buffet. Also depends if your ship is tendered or docked. But your excursion ticket will tell you when and where to meet so you should be fine. It all depends on whether you want a leisurely meal or be rushed. You'll probably be at sea a few days before you dock so you can gauge how long meals take you.

If the ship leaves at 5:00pm, can you make it back on board if you are at the pier at 4:30?
I appreciate your responses.
While the ship may leave at 1700, they want everyone on board at 1630--so half an hour before scheduled departure time. If you're boarding the boat at 1630 you'll be fine, but better safe than sorry. I wouldn't cut it too close.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Allow more time than you think even to do the buffet for breakfast--everyone has the same idea of when they'd like to get off, it seems, and seating can be an issue. Being an early riser may make your vacation less relaxing but can ease those transitions on shore days. Perhaps the lessening of stress is worth the loss of 45 minutes extra sleep. We are phobic about cutting it too close getting back to the ship, depending on where we are. We have had to wait in a cab while goats (a lot of goats) crossed the road in St. Maarten, and have had a driver nearly run down a pedestrian in Jamaica. The unforeseen can happen. If I am just checking out the shopping on Cayman, well you can practically see the line for the tender for blocks and as long as you are in it before the last tender sails to the ship you're fine. You have to gauge the situation. Nothing you are doing on shore is fun enough to want to fly to the next port of call, or find lodging with no luggage and often no purse--in a foreign country. (I am funny that way--don't take my purse to the beach, although I am certain some people do!)

I am always refreshingly surprised at how good the tap water on the ship tastes. It is not cold, but our trusty room stewards have always kept the ice bucket filled. We have depended on bottled water only for going to shore and we pretty much drink exclusively water with meals.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 11-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Don't smuggle booze on board....not worth it...drink the ships water...it's good....don't EVER come back to the ship late...if you are on your own excursion, the ship will LEAVE YOU...
I've seen many people waving at the ship as we pull out....and they aren't happy people....Just have a great time on Voyager...she is a GREAT ship...and lots of things to do on board....Johnny Rockets, Golf, ice skating, SHOPPING;-)...Have a great cruise..

Bob E
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
The purpose of a cruise is to .... snuggle.....not to smuggle... someone must have made a typo!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Snuggling on a cruise is a good thing...just remember to snuggle with the one you brought to the dance.....Happy Sailing....

Bob E
Old 11-20-2008, 02:50 PM

What if you are not bringing someone with you? ... Are there others looking for someone to snuggle with?

Old 11-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Suzy D - As Rowan and Martin often said on "Laugh In"
"You bet your Bippy!!!"

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-20-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Berick1234:

I've seen many people waving at the ship as we pull out....and they aren't happy people....
I'm surprised. I've been on over 40 cruises and never got to see anyone frantically waving from the shore.

Sonny
Old 11-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm surprised. I've been on over 40 cruises and never got to see anyone frantically waving from the shore.
You've never seen the people waving from the MacArthur Causeway in Miami, or from the condos at the end of the channel? I look forward to passing the condos. They'll blow air horns from their balconies sometimes.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, board, caribbean, cruise, date, hiding, kicked, leave, os, royal, seas, shampoosoap, ship, time, voyager