Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 07:13 PM

I am cruising on the Enchantment of the Seas on 2/09/06. Has anyone sailed since the renovations? What's the scoop? Any recommendations? Also, do the rooms have hairdryers?
Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Hi, we just got off the Enchantment Dec 24th. She is beautiful. I did not check out the Spa. If you want a massage, or salon stuff, I would go down as soon as you get on the ship. I did, and I could not get in for the times I wanted. The dining room was gorgeous. We hung out in the Scooner bar alot, Faith was our favorite waitress there. We spent $20 extra per person to eat at the Chops Grill, boy was that good. It is steaks, and pork chops only. If you are a meat and potatoes kind of person, it is a truly wonderful meal. We broke down, and got a bottle of red wine with dinner, and the final tab was $90. Oh well, you only live once. Their was a blow dryer in the drawer next to the tv. I finally got the courage to do the trampoline, and I couldn't. It is socks only, and I had only sandals on. It looked harder to jump around up close. We did not go to any shows, we were too busy doing other stuff, mostly hanging out. The new bridges on the upper deck sure are pretty at night. Anyways, she is awesome. Enjoy the Enchantment, and your cruise. If you have any other questions, ask me, I'll answer best I can. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-18-2006, 06:38 PM

My husband and I just booked today for the 2/09 sailing on the Enchantment! It's our first trip away from our kids in a long time! I can't imagine sleeping in, eating on my own schedule, lounging....ah...
Old 01-19-2006, 09:19 AM

Nichal, congratulations on booking a well deserved vacation! You'll love taking an adults-only vacay, even if you do spend a lot of time talking about the kids! You can still keep in touch via email if you want, or make it a completely kid-free trip. Enjoy! Don't be surprised if this becomes a yearly event!

Sandy
Old 01-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Just cruised the Enchantment Dec. 5-10,05-Chops Grill well worth the extra fee of $20.00; Meals in the Dining Room are very good but portions small-ask for two of what appeals and you won't go hungry! Chef special steak in dining room was abig disappointment but lobster nite was greeeat! Hairdryers in every cabin!!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:55 PM

We are going on Enchantment Feb. 23... tell me about Chops Grill - menu, atmosphere, how/when to make reservations. THANKS!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:59 PM

For those who have just gone... what was your favorite part of the cruise? How are the shows? Tell me more about Enchantment - getting excited!!!!! Only 1 month to go....
Old 01-20-2006, 08:22 PM

The Chops Grill, to me was worth $20 extra a person. The first day, before we sailed out, I was touring the ship. In front of the entrance, was a display of the cuts of meat you could order. One look and I knew was sold! If I remember correctly it is only beef and pork, no fish. You start out with bread and butter. They give you a menu, I had French Onion soup, that was divine, and a salad. I ordered filet mignon, asparagus, and somesort of potato, I don't remember the potato. My husband and I both had that, and we agreed it was one of the best we ever had. We decided to have a bottle of red wine, to complement our meal. They started at about low $30s if I remember. I think we picked the Beringers Founder Estate for mid $30s, it was very good. Since it was the first day of the cruise, I went to make reservations. She said the first night was very open, and usually not as dressy. So we ate there the first night. The grill was a little dark, and surprisingly intimate, maybe cause it wasn't too full? We will definately eat there again. Enjoy!! Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-22-2006, 06:33 AM

What is your take on the Windjammer Restaurant??? Good food??? Lines?????
Old 01-22-2006, 07:42 AM

Deane, I love the Enchantment's Windjammer Cafe. It is a buffet restaurant for all 3 meals, with lots of stations in addition to the main buffet. We seldom found lines at either entrance of the Windjammer, and the food was terrific.

For dinner, they put tablecloths and flowers on the tables, and when you enter the Windjammer, a host(ess) shows you to a table. A waiter comes over and takes your drink order (coffee, iced tea, etc) and a bartender will take your wine or other drink order. Then you get up and go through the buffet line. We found that a lot of the food was the same as was being served in the dining room at dinner time, but at the buffet, we had the opportunity to "graze!" One night, they were serving steak (in addition to everything else), and the waiter took our steak order, too, before we hit the buffet.

For a buffet, it's very "civilized" especially as an alternative to the dining room. But the dining room should not be missed at dinner either, as the service and ambiance are wonderful.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
buffet, cafe, chop, chops, enchantment, grill, grille, review, reviews, rooms, seas, shows, television, windjammer, worth