Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 04:27 PM

hey..this is my 1st cruise and we were wondering what to wear on the formal nights.

is it ok for my son to wear nice jeans and a polo???

what should my wife and i wear??

also anything we should do in beleze or cozomel????
thanks
Old 04-10-2006, 06:13 PM

While formal nights are not what they used to be, the dress code asks for a dark suit and tie for men and a cocktail dress for ladies. If you want to pass on dressing for dinner, there will be casual options that you can select. Jeans and a polo would not be acceptable in the dining room on a formal night, but I suspect that you will see some folks dressed that way.

also, check out www.CaribbeanPortReviews.com for info on the ports you mentioned.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 04-10-2006, 06:21 PM

Well it all depends on if it is a formal night or casual night or semi-casual night. For the formal night i would recomend a dress for a lady and a nice suit or even a tux for man. For the children the same. Now for semi-casual your sons outfit would be fine and for a lady a nice spring dress and almost like a golf outfit would be good for a man. Casual night is the night where you can wear the outfit you wore out on the excursion port. But if you feel to casual just put on a fresh t-shirt and some jeans. I think sandles would be a bit too casual.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:54 PM

For formal nights in the main dining room, one should wear something that would be suitable for a traditional wedding, I think. If not a tux or dark suit for a man, definitely a sharp jacket and co-ordinated pair of slacks, crisp shirt and tie, dress shoes. For a lady, some outfit of elegance and a sense of dressiness is appropriate. The same goes for children.

If you prefer to be more casual, dinner in the Windjammer would be perfect.

Bon Voyage~~

Lana
Old 04-10-2006, 08:49 PM

In Belize, cave tubing is a must! Booking it on line is about $30 per person less the booking it on a ship. Check this link out to get some idea of what it's all about

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm

I've been on 29 cruises and it's the best excursion my wife and I ever went on .

Hope this helps
Old 04-11-2006, 04:50 AM

If your son is, say, 2 years old, it might be appropriate for him to wear something less than a suit. I don't know anything about RCI but I know that on other lines, very little kids can wear pretty much anything and be okay.

Closed Thread