Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 11:54 AM

I'm back & had a wonderful time. The staff was excellent but I've always had an excellent staff. Of course the Bollero's staff (Chris, JR & Anna) were so good to us. The ship was quite full but I guess you have to expect that at this time of the year.

The ports were great but we did not get on the zip line in Labadee. My suggestions for anyone would be that you need to book your excursions online well in advance. I wasn't aware of this & I didn't know that the ship didn't have many spots open since the majority of this is done online. We were disappointed but I still enjoyed Labadee since I think their beaches are some of the prettiest I've ever seen. We did the River Falls in Jamaica which was nice, wave runners in Grand Cayman & snorkeling in Cozumel at Chankanaab.

We did not like our dining room location since it was located on the third floor in a back corner. You were unable to see the entertainment in the dining room & we had some first time cruisers who wanted to see this. After a couple of days we were set up on the my time dining so our group was able to have a much better table & we all were able to sit together & had the same waite staff every night. We were all so pleased with the change.

Met wonderful people & our table mates this year were soooo good compared to the yucky ones last year.

Wish I didn't have to come home but I'll always have the memories.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 PM
You will have the memories and you certainly can book another cruise...That's the nice part...

Happy Cruising,

Bob E
Old 07-01-2008, 07:07 PM

Welcome back! I'm happy to hear you had a great cruise. It's too bad you didn't get to ride the zip line. I guess it's the most popular thing on Labadee, and with over 3,000 passengers it would be something to book well in advance. I agree with you about the beaches.

Sonny
Old 07-02-2008, 07:34 AM

Welcome back, glad to hear it was a success! Also, glad to hear they were able to straighten out your dining room seating. Can't wait to see what you select for your next cruise!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:22 AM

It's good you had a great time. That ship is so beautiful and I would love to sail on it.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Wonderful that you at a great time! We're on Liberty next year; please explain "My Time" dining?

Need some cruise help?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:49 AM

The My Time Dining was in the 5th floor dining room. You pick a time to eat & I'm not sure if it's the same time every night or if you can change it. We had a table for six & we sat at the same table & had the same waiter & ate at the same time. We wanted to keep it simple. I don't think the waiters care for it because they may be serving one group appetizers another dinner & another dessert. I think it gets confusing for them. It was the only thing we could do since all the dining rooms were full. It worked out just fine though.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-03-2008, 09:39 AM

My Time Dining sounds interesting... Is this available to anyone? What are the guidelines/rules?
Thanks for any info you can provide.
RA
Old 07-03-2008, 09:45 AM

I was sent an email from RC about a week or so before my cruise asking if I wanted to do the My Time Dining. We ended up doing this probably about day 3 or 4 on the cruise & it wasn't a problem.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-03-2008, 10:14 AM

Thank you for the quick reply. We are sailing on Freedom later this year and might give that some thought...
RA

Closed Thread