Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
We took Mariner out of Port Canaveral during hurricane season. Our 7 day cruise turned in to 9 when we couldn't port because of the hurricane messing up the channel markers - ended up porting in Miami and getting bussed back to Port C. Many cruises later - it still remains one of our favorite ships.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Denjoker, we were on the same cruise. It remains to be our favorite ship also. While everyone on board was complaining that we couldn't get back to port, we were excited that our 7-day cruise turned into a 9-day! One day I hope to cruise on the Mariner again.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-19-2010, 04:07 PM

My wife and I just got back from our 2nd cruise of 2010 on the Mariner. Had a wonderful time again. The ship is beautiful, everything was perfect! The weather could not have been nicer and the seas any calmer. We are already planning our next cruise on the Mariner when she arrives in Galveston.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:29 PM

Welcome back! It's good to hear you had the perfect vacation. Esther and I love the Mariner too.

Sonny
Old 11-19-2010, 05:17 PM

Thank you Sonny!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:47 AM

Welcome back, FinFanBC Sounds like heaven to me! Please let us know which ship and itinerary you select
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM
lanieb - one of our favorite things was waiting each day to hear the captain make his announcements of our porting status. He was quite funny. We thought the show they had just thrown together on one of the extra nights was one of the best we've ever experienced. The bus ride from Miami to Port Canaveral was something else as we saw first hand all of the damage from the hurricane. Great memories - that's cruising!

Old 12-02-2010, 12:43 PM

I remember waiting for those announcements. That was the most exciting thing about that cruise! The captain was Tor Olsen. Of the ten cruises we've been on, he's by far our favorite captain. I also remember that bus ride. I felt so bad for those people down there, but also glad we were out at sea when it all happened.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I think they rounded up anyone who could drive a bus. I don't think our driver had been out of Miami before as he got lost and almost fell asleep at the wheel on the way up. He had the nerve to solicite for a tip as we departed! Have a great cruise!

Old 01-01-2011, 02:55 PM

Default Voyager of the Seas - March 2011 - New Member
I am a new member and this is my first posting. I just wanted to thank Sonny for all of the information he gave me on the same OS that I will have in March on the Voyager of the Seas. I understand the Mariner will be going out of Galveston to the Caribbean starting November 2011. Hope I can book another cruise then. Looking forward to reading more postings.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cruise, deck, explorer, forum, js, mariner, marinerofseacruiseplanjanuary2011, mariners, mexican, reviews, riviera, seas, stayed, suites