Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 PM

When looking at the ships decks on the internet,
is the Port side the left side and has anyone stayed in balcony suites and how were they.
Sailing in 2011.

Littledove
Old 09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes, looking at the deck plans is very much like looking at a road map. Top of both is North (front or bow) of ship, so Port side is the left of the page and the starboard side is the right side of the ship. We have always stayed in a balcony suite on the Mariner, usually on the 9th deck, port side. If you can swing the extra cash for a balcony suite, do so. It is sooo worth the extra. The room is slightly bigger, with the bed, a couch, sliding glass doors to the balcony, which is about 3' x 8' with two chairs and a small table-perfect for morning coffee and watching the sun rise. Depending on the time of year you choose to sail, the same cabin could be a lot less. We usually sail in September in the caribbean, when the prices are a little less due to weather in the area. However, as one of her captains, Captain Johnnie said, " This is a ship-if there is bad weather there, we'll go over there instead". Mariner used to be based in Port Canaveral, Fla, then moved to the left coast. She is to move again, but I've forgotten to where. She is a great ship, and you will enjoy her.
Have a great cruise!! If this will be your first time, you'll be hooked.

Need some cruise help?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat, littledove!
I was in a Junior Suite on the Mariner last week - Cabin 1540 which is near the forward elevator on the port side. The JS's have a nice size walk-in closet which is a big plus. The bathrooms a bigger, and there is a tub instead of a small shower stall. It's about half again the size of a regular balcony cabin. The balcony has two chairs and a round table, and a smaller lounge chair. We really enjoyed our cruise on the Mariner, too bad she won't be sailing the Mexican Riviera after January 9, 2011.

Sonny

Old 09-21-2010, 07:41 AM

Sonny V, you have five cruises booked? Wow, you're my hero!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-22-2010, 09:21 PM

Hello lanieb, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Actually, I booked another cruise today--it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Sonny

Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 AM

Sonny V, I'm jealous! Maybe one day we can do more traveling, but for now, our work schedules just won't allow for more than one or two a year. Oasis is definately on my to-do list!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:03 AM

Hi everyone. Just found this site today and I'm enjoying reading the posts very much. Also impressed that Sonny V has 6 cruises booked! My wife and I will be going on our 2nd one of 2010 departing on 11/7 which is only a little over 2 weeks away. Both cruises on the Mariner to the Mexican Riviera. Absolutely loved the ship and can't wait to get underway!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:39 AM

Just a quick question. Does Mariner have My Time Dining?

Thanks.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Administrator

My Time Dining is now fleet-wide on RCI.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 AM

Great. I found website that listed the ships that had it, but it showed 2009 implementation dates - and didn't list Mariner.

On my last cruise - on Princess, the ship had three dining rooms - two for anytime dining and one for fixed sitting. How does RCI handle it?

Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cruise, deck, explorer, forum, js, mariner, marinerofseacruiseplanjanuary2011, mariners, mexican, reviews, riviera, seas, stayed, suites