Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2006, 03:49 PM

HI
First time cruisers from Scotland looking for general advice - cruise to Mexico beginning April 06.
Rooms located on deck 7 (two at rear of ship, one up front) - do you think it would be possible to relocate front room to rear, closer to the rest of us?
Looked at a variety of reviews, which seem to be mixed. What will the weather be like during the cruise - need to know what to pack!? Are the rooms nice? Any possibility we may feel sea sick??? Any advice on the excursions and visiting ports?
Easy going family, slightly apprehensive about the cruise, and who are just looking to enjoy a holiday of a lifetime.
Many thanks.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:50 AM

Hi Halaman,

I was on the visions 3 weeks. I don't know about the weather in the Pacific in April. It was cold in Feb. In any case the islands are warm, shorts and t-shirts. You will have a wonderful time. The crew and captain George and so nice. This was my fourth cruise and I have never had a captain make me feel more at home then captain George. The crew bends over backwards to serve you. You couldn't have chosen a better ship. Small but the best service from all the whole fleet. I have been on 2 other Royal cruises and all I have to say is Royal is truely Royalty.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:37 PM

Many thanks for responding - your comments have been positive and reassuring. Since I last posted, our Travel Agent managed to upgrade my parents to a suite, which again was appreciated as this trip is their 40th Wedding Anniversary gift from the family. We've booked our excursions and leave home on the 31st March to start our 31 hour journey to LA. I would like to book some treatments at the Spa but assume that this can only be done once on board? Glad you enjoyed your holiday - we're looking forward to ours!
Thanks again.

Old 03-11-2006, 12:18 AM

We have done the Mexican Riviera once on RCL (Vision) and twice on Princess (Diamond & Sapphire). All three cruises were wonderful. This past January we took my wife's parent's and it was their first cruise. They were very apprehensive about cruising, but absolutely loved it.

In April you should have decent weather. It can be a little cool when you leave L.A. The weather changes approximately half way between L.A. and Cabo San Lucas. It will get much warmer--up to 20 degrees--as you sail south.

In Cabo we have enjoyed the sea kayak excursions where you paddle out to Los Arco, see the sea lion colony, and stop at Lover's beach. In January we did this with my wife's parents who are in their 60's and they absolutely loved it.

In Mazatlan we took the Sierra Madre tour. This was very informative and I thought it was a good tour.

We have been to Puerto Vallarta several times and so we just hit some of the nicer beaches and some sites in town. In the past we have also enjoyed the canopy tour and the mountain bike tour.

Hope this helps. If you have specific questions, I will try to help.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:27 AM

Hi Farmerjohn
The only other question I have at the moment - its a daft one - are there any insects/spiders in LA or Mexico that would bother us?? Do we need repellent for mozzies or anything? I did warn you, but we only have to put up with scottish midgies..
Thanks!

Old 03-14-2006, 03:53 AM

Hello again

Another question...
Our school holidays are the first two weeks in April - hence our cruise dep 2nd April. As we'll have children with us looking for playmates, are the American holidays the same?
Thanks.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:27 AM

We celebrate Easter April 16th this year. But the schools break for Spring Break at all different times throughout the nation. So yes, your children should have plenty of playmates.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:13 PM

If you venture into the Sierra Madre at all you probably want some mosquito repellant. I have never noticed mosquitos in the cities.

There will be plenty of children on the ship as many of the U.S. schools will be on spring break the same week you are on the cruise.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:41 PM

Hi again
One last question..... I know, but as the time is nearing, my head is buzzing!!
Both my young daughters need to practice their highland dancing whilst on ship as they've a dancing competition the day after we return from our holiday. We are staying in a balcony room so are the rooms big enough for this or will we be able to find a space somewhere (e.g gym) for a wee practice each day (less than an hour). Many thanks!!

Closed Thread

Tags
seas, seasick, transatlantic, vision