Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 12:03 PM

Please, please help. My husband wants to book a 2 week cruise on the Independence. The destinations are right up my street. We have never cruised before and I think the ship is far too big, you could say I am a bit phobic about all kinds of travel, I am also concerned it will be like a floating holiday camp as it takes over 3,000 passengers, I don't cope well with large crowds either! I have two teenage daughters only one who is sociable and enjoys most activities, I am similar and would prefer to just sunbath and swim. Is it going to be overcrowded and noisy or will there be enough room for everyone to spread out? There must be other difficult people like me out there, do they cope?

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 09-06-2007, 12:33 PM

The Independence is a large ship. I was just on the Liberty this past summer. There are lots of people but you can always find a quiet place on the ship. The pool areas tend to be crowded so you need to get there early to get a lounge chair. I could easily go on a 14 day cruise but I have been on several cruises already and I love to cruise.

The ship is large enough so you don't feel like it's so crowded. I don't like large crowds and didn't feel that it was too crowded.

I just hope you like the cruise because if you don't 14 days can be a very long time.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Welcome to cruise chat, mum I am sure you will have plenty of room to move about, yes the ship is huge and yes there will be over 3000 people on it but you will not feel like a sardine believe me, if you want to sun bathe you can if you want to go and just read you can it is like a floating resort you will have a ball.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-06-2007, 12:36 PM

Thank you, that is another worry, knowing that I can't just get off when I want.

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 09-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Here's a suggestion why not try a 7 day or even a 4 day just to see how you may like it?

Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 PM

Yes that is a good idea, but the other problem is that my daughter cannot fly due to ear problems, there are no suitable short cruises that don't involve flying.

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 09-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Well let me start with this:
I was also afraid at the beginning... Now I had taken 3 cruises and next summer I will take my fourth this is an addiction LOL.
YEAH!!!
So my first impression is that someone or something had make you believe you will be on a dish washer,
Actually a Cruise ship will shake a little but is no way near a plane with turbulence just be prepared, a little Dramamine and that’s all!!!
As for the 3000 people you will not even notice,
Believe me there is so many things to do you will not have time:
• FOOD!!! buffets high class style
• Ice skating in many cruises of RCCL
• Activities like golf and the shows wow!!! is way better than a hotel
• The restaurants and the services are A+

So give it a try believe me you will not regret it…

Old 09-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Oh okay now I see your issue, well good luck I really think you will have a blast on the ship I really do.

Closed Thread