Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 PM

We already booked our cruise but not have another interested party that also wants to come. So we are trying to upgrade our room from a 2 person inside to a 3 person balcony. The only room that our travel agent has available is 7388 at the very back of the ship. She says that can be windy out on the balcony. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Also, I looked on RC's website and they are showing other balcony rooms available that our travel agent isn't telling us about, why is that? Are travel agents only given certain rooms that they can book? Any info here would help please. Thank you.
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Hello avenger, if you get a cabin with a balcony it will be a little larger than an inside cabin. Because it's a triple or quad cabin doesn't make it larger. It only means it will accommodate 3 or 4 people. Either a sofa bed or a sofa bed and a pull down bunk. I wonder if your travel agent has ever been on a cruise before. I never remember the aft cabin balcony being windy. I prefer the aft cabins because the balcony is much larger than the side cabin balconies are. My other choice is the bump out cabins. They are near the elevators and cantilever out from the ship. I'll be in an inside cabin on the Navigator. That's a far cry from an owner's suite. Oh well, at least I'm on deck 10.

Sonny
Old 01-22-2007, 03:13 PM

Thank you for the info Sonny, that's a GREAT help!! Sorry about the inside cabin, maybe you can get an upgrade at the last minute, if they offer something like that.
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Old 01-22-2007, 08:36 PM

No, they don't hand out last minute upgrades. I could upgrade by buying a balcony cabin, but our friends are in an inside cabin next to us. actually, I don't mind an inside cabin. I don't spend more than a couple of hours total on a balcony during a 7 day cruise. We are hardly ever in our cabin. In my 30+ cruises I've had about 8 inside cabins.

Sonny
Old 01-22-2007, 09:52 PM

You're right about not being in the room much. I guess it's just because I'm claustrophobic that I can't do an inside cabin.
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Old 01-23-2007, 07:19 AM

hey avenger, are you travelling on march 3 on the voyager of the seas for the eastern carribean? I will be on that ship in room #7348. it is a superior balcony room. Does anyone know the difference between the deluxe and the superior? Is it simply the size or something more?

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Old 01-23-2007, 07:26 AM

Cabins come and go constantly in availability; cancellations, "callback" of cabins held for group space that doesn't sell, etc., could have caused cabins to show up as available after your travel agent looked up availability for you. That is not to say that the longer you wait, the better your chances for a good cabin, as the reverse is also true - a specific cabin may be available now, but a minute from now it might be sold.

It can be windy on balconies when underway, though I would think less so on one that faces aft. I have heard reports that the views from some of these aft balconies is fantastic, too - better than from the ones on the side.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonu:
hey avenger, are you travelling on march 3 on the voyager of the seas for the eastern carribean? I will be on that ship in room #7348. it is a superior balcony room. Does anyone know the difference between the deluxe and the superior? Is it simply the size or something more?
Hi Sonu!
The Superior cabins is a bit bigger than the Deluxe cabins, and the balcony is also a little bigger.

Here is some information about Room #7348 onboard the Voyager:
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/popup/stateRoo...ptype=schematicImage

Good Luck with this!

Best Regards,
Old 01-23-2007, 07:53 AM

thank you for the information juniorcruiser.

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 PM

No, Sonu, I'm traveling on March 24. I don't know what the difference between the deluxe and superior rooms is. We have a Jr. Suite booked, I can't wait!
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Closed Thread

Tags
accommodates, adjoining, cabin, cabins, cruise, deluxe, explorer, freedom, people, reviews, sea, seas, stateroom, superior, upgrades, voyager