Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 02:43 AM

We just booked a Jr. Suite aboard the Grandeur (thanks for the advice, Dave ) and I've noticed pictures of the views from different ships/cabins posted on this forum. Anyone know what the view might be like from room 8528. It's midship, I think starboard(not sure which is starboard or port-is starboard right side?)

I almost didn't post this question, as sometimes we don't appreciate the surprise element when walking into your cabin/hotel room for the first time, and not much is left to discover with the internet options we have.

Thanks, Doreen

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 01-16-2008, 02:43 AM

We just booked a Jr. Suite aboard the Grandeur (thanks for the advice, Dave ) and I've noticed pictures of the views from different ships/cabins posted on this forum. Anyone know what the view might be like from room 8528. It's midship, I think starboard(not sure which is starboard or port-is starboard right side?)

I almost didn't post this question, as sometimes we don't appreciate the surprise element when walking into your cabin/hotel room for the first time, and not much is left to discover with the internet options we have.

Thanks, Doreen

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 PM

We cruised this October on the Grandeur on the exact opposite stateroom as yours, 8028 (portside). I don't think that there are definite 'rules' about which direction the ship docks. We faced land at most of our ports, but I believe the ship faces different directions depending on wind and sea conditions, and what other ships are in port.

I don't know if this link will work, but our photo album from the cruise has several photos from our balcony.

We totally enjoyed that cruise, and can't wait until our next cruise to the Eastern Caribbean!

Grandeur Photo Album

Judi
Old 01-17-2008, 02:18 AM

Thanks so much, Judi
Your pictures are wonderful and it's certainly going to be difficult to wait these six months before we sail!!
I've read some reviews of the Grandeur recently and some were a little critical of the condition of the ship. How did you find it to be? How was the food, service, cabin (it looks great!), etc. Also did they open the solarium ceiling? I read that it was very warm in there and they wouldn't open it even after being asked to.

Thanks again for your response!
Doreen

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 AM

Doreen,

We were so relaxed on this cruise (the 2 days of at sea each way helped that), that we weren't looking for some wear and tear. I can't say that there was anything noticeable that caught my eye in that way.

Our wait staff and room steward were extremely personable and helpful; we feel we really got to know them and they always seemed to go the extra mile.

We didn't hang out in the solarium at all - sailing in October, there was not much humidity and we enjoyed the open air, but I did notice the windows open several times as I passed by on my daily walk-a-mile. Oh, and that was fun on some of the rougher and windier sea days - I think I got most of my exercise fighting to walk straight.

Our next cruise is in June, and I am spending more and more times on the boards chomping at the bit!

Judi

Closed Thread