Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 01:51 PM

I would really like to see a picture of the exact room we will be staying in on Liberty of the Seas. The room number is 9500 and it is a Family Ocean View. I still have time to choose another room if this one is not to our liking. I've seen stock photo's and they are all different. Any suggestions on how to see our exact room?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:19 PM

Hi BarbH, welcome to Cruise-Chat!
Try going HERE. I think you'll see what you want.

Sonny
Old 01-11-2009, 04:41 PM

Thanks, however, I've seen this photo (and several others that Royal Caribbean have provided) and even the picture that you linked doesn't match the floor plan layout thats shown right next to it. I know that gives me a general idea, but I really wanted to see the exact layout, because on level 8 they offer the Family oceanview in a different shape (looks larger), and I want the best option for my family of 6.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Maybe I don't understand what you are asking for, but what is the need for so much detail, to include a photo of the exact cabin? We don't have that type of info in this forum, other than our members doing google searches for you.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:21 PM

I've taken hundreds of pictures to share with this forum. I've been in owner suites, grand suites, junior suites; balcony and inside cabins, and they all look alike as long as it's the same class ship. a few square feet isn't going to make a big difference. 9500 is just below the bridge and will have a good view of the helicopter pad. Your chances of finding a picture of that exact cabin is the same as winning the lottery. Sorry I didn't get the exact picture you wanted—I'll try to do better next time.

Sonny
Old 01-12-2009, 05:28 AM

Gosh, I didn't mean to upset everyone. I'm grateful for any information I can get. I'm just overly excited about the trip of a lifetime with my husband and children. I just know from past travel experience that sometimes the setup of the room can determine how comfortable we are (not just the square footage) and I assumed that based on the views of the layout of Level 8 & 9 that one was a lot wider and the other longer (I would think that might mean more windows then?). I just wanted to flood myself with info and I want to be prepared in order to make it great for my family. Sorry if I offended anyone. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Welcome to cruise chat BarbH, I don't think you offended anyone sometimes we just ask for something out of excitment and when we don't get exacatly what we expect things seem a little strange. This forum is very helpful with darn near anything you want if they don't have it they can tell you where to go and get it. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will have stayed in that exact cabin and has pictures but if not I am sure there is something very simular out there that will help you.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Looks like you just won the lottery.

Here is a virtual tour of stateroom 9500 on the Liberty of the Seas, a Family Oceanview Stateroom. Enjoy!

http://www.virtualshiptours.com/tours/libertyoftheseas/...an_View_CatFO_mj.htm

http://www.virtualshiptours.com/tours/libertyoftheseas/..._View_CatFO_3_mj.htm

Old 01-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Don't worry about it, Barb. Sometimes the way something is written is misinterpreted when you meant it in another way. And sometimes external events can affect a response - such as my reply to you yesterday just as my favorite NFL teams were getting beaten and I was not happy.

Windows on cruise ships are usually symmetrical so I'd say there will be no added windows on one cabin over another. Comfort level is not going to be affected by whether one cabin is square or the other is longer and narrower. A piece of furniture may be in a different location. A bed may be sitting "north/south" instead of "east/west". It just isn't something I'd dwell on. You don't spend much time in the cabin anyway.

I'd be more concerned with the cabin's location in relation to other venues on the ship.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:40 AM

CassidyCrew, WELCOME TO CRUISE-CHAT! And thanks for your input! BarbH, you didn't upset me, I was joking...notice the wink behind the camera. The rooms on the Freedom, Liberty, and Independence are identical. Now I have a challenge when I'm on the Independence next month—I just have to get a picture of cabin 9500. Anybody out there that thinks I can do it?

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, caribbean, cruise, family, freedom, liberty, line, oceanview, photos, pictures, rooms, royal, seas, specific, stateroom