Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2003, 07:34 AM

My husband has a suit, but the pants do not fit him anymore. He was thinking, for formal nights, is to wear a golf shirt or a silk button down shirt w/ dress pants. Would that be okay to wear or is this too casual?
Old 05-28-2003, 07:34 AM

My husband has a suit, but the pants do not fit him anymore. He was thinking, for formal nights, is to wear a golf shirt or a silk button down shirt w/ dress pants. Would that be okay to wear or is this too casual?
Old 05-28-2003, 09:01 AM

My personal opinion is a golf shirt would be a little too casual, save that for casual with slacks, but the silk shirt would be ok. I really saw people in all sorts of things though. Believe me, no matter what you choose it'll be fine. A lot of people don't dress "formal" according to my standards but for them I guess it is.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:10 PM

If you eat in the Windjammer restaurant on formal nights you can wear whatever you want. However, if you want to have dinner in the main dining room or Portofino's on formal nights, how about having your husband wear slacks with the silk shirt and a blazer or sport jacket. Should look ok. Bobby
Old 06-14-2003, 08:52 AM

My husband absolutely hates to get really dressed up, so he usually wears dress slacks, a dress shirt & tie for formal dinners. Remember that this is "YOUR" vacation & you should be comfortable. I've never seen anyone kicked out of the dining room for dressing improperly. Enjoy your vacation!!
Old 06-27-2003, 07:55 AM

It really depends on the ship, time of year, and destination. The Caribbean in summer is likely to be less formal. I own a tux and like to dress up once in a while. It's nice to see everyone dressed in their finest, especially the ladies. It makes formal nights special.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:11 AM

When we went in January, the guys wore sport jackets, nice shirt and slacks. But my husband wore one of those mock turtlneck shirts and slacks and looked great. He did have a sports jacket, wore it the first formal, but not the second. He buys all his stuff at the Mens Warehouse. They carry those shirts. Hope this helps

Closed Thread