Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 06:31 PM

My family and I will be going on the Liberty Of The Seas in November. We have already been to all of the Ports Of Call.. Cozumel three times. With the ship being so huge and only 2 days out of the 7 being full days at sea my husband and I are thinking of just exploring the ship while most of the people disembark for the day. Are shops, pools, whirlpools,surf flo-rider,skating rink, rock climbing wall, golf, Windjammer (any places to eat), teen living room, anything open while the ships are in port? Specifics on what exactly we might be able to do while on board would be extremely helpful.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:15 PM

When you go on the cruise, your cruise compass, which is a daily schedule of events, will list the hours of operation for the attractions such as the pools, skating rink, rock wall, and golf. The cruise compass should also list the hours for the dining options on the ship. Chances are they will be open it's just a matter of what time. However, because of customs reasons, I do not believe the shops will be open while the ship is docked. That's how it was on the Majesty.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-24-2008, 07:41 PM

Stay on the ship. We have done this when in ports we don't care for or have been to many times. The shops will NOT be open because of the duty free customs laws. But most everything else will be at some point in the day. The port days are also days where the spa will give specials for various treatments. Its a great time to take in a massage since you won't be feeling like you are mising anything.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-25-2008, 09:11 AM

Hi

We ssailed on Freedom in November, most facilties are open and are nicer since they are much quieter, the shops do close until the ship leaves port and the buffet is not normally open, they tend to provide lunch in the dining room.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Administrator

It can vary depending on the itinerary, but the buffet has usually been open in my experience. In fact, on the Liberty Of The Seas last year the dining room was closed for lunch in St. Martin and the Windjammer was the only choice. However the buffet IS closed for the private island stops since that operation is moved ashore for the barbecue. For those stops the dining room is the only choice for lunch aboard the ship (unless you want room service). Another choice is Johnny Rockets which will be open when in port. This is a good time to go since there probably won't be a waiting line as there often is for the at-sea day.

Staying aboard in port is something I like to do. Even just coming back to the ship early and you'll find it still quite empty but the pools and at least a couple bars will always be open. This is the time to enjoy the pool. I've actually been in a pool on a warm early afternoon all by myself - and for a good while.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:29 AM

Thanks to everyone who provided this info. to me. Extremely helpful. I am new at this sight (signed up about 2 weeks ago) and not familiar with how everything works yet. Accidentally posted a quote instead of a reply my first time. Don't know how to obtain different priviledges. How do I get a cruise clock posted. I looked through all of the Personal info. and don't know how to do it. Going on Liberty of the Seas on 11/29/08 and can't wait. Would love a count down clock.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, call, caribbean, cruise, dock, ncl, onboard, port, ports, rccl, royal, ship, stay, staying, visit