Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 AM

Does anyone have any information about the Majesty of the Seas spa? How are the treatments/ prices? Is it money well spent?
Old 02-26-2006, 12:34 PM

Hello, welcome to cruise-chat. Well, I have had spa treatments on cruises before. If you want a treatment, I would suggest going IMMEDIATELY to the spa as soon as you get on board. I always do this, and a few times, the treatment and time/day I want it on is not available, it is already booked. They usually offer discount prices for treatments on the first day, and during the times a ship is schedulded to be in port. So, if you know you are going to be on board the ship, while it is in port, that is the discount time. They have a "ginger & lime salt scrub w/massage, stone massages, swedish massage, couples massage, seaweed massage, and usually manicure/pedicure, facial, hair treatment stuff. I did endulge in the "Frangipanni oil" hair treatment, that was about $45 if I remember. I have long hair past my waist, and it smelled wonderful. It was worth it, I also bought some oil to take home, that was almost $50. We realized my husband could use a haircut, we always do formal night. He got his cut on board, and was happy with it. Sometimes they are very pushy to buy spa products, that are very expensive, although nice. I always tell them "I bought some products already", that usually shuts them up. The spa is a "Elemis Spa", apparently this is a famous spa in England. They have a website, for the spa in England, it was fun to check it out. The spa girl told me Elemis has a contract with most of the cruise lines. It was on both RCCL and Princess. The massages run about $100-$180, depending on the type and lenght. Some treatments offer a cheaper (shorter massage time), and a more expensive (longer massage time), I know the ginger/lime scrub offers this, and I think the stone massage also. I did like the scrub, I did notice a difference. The stone massage was nice, but if cost is a factor, their swedish massage is awesome. They usually offer a "How to massage" type of class that was offered for couples. The tip is NOT included in any of the spa prices, it is usually 15%. I have seen spa menus of several RCCL ships, it was always the same, if I remember correctly, prices have probably gone up over the years. They most likely will have a dry sauna. The line to board is usually very long, keep that in mind, unless you have a suite, or in the second level of their crown & anchor society. Maybe get there earlier than later, to be in the front of the line, so you can board as soon as they start boarding, and not get on the ship 2-3 hours after they started boarding cause you were stuck in line. Well, I hope this helps. Anymore questions, I will do my best to answer them, memory permitting. Enjoy your cruise. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, boarding, caribbean, costs, couple, cruise, day, discounts, elemis, majesty, massage, prices, questions, reviews, royal, sea, seas, spa