Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 05:48 PM

I'm having second thoughts about the cruise I've booked with RCI for the end of May. I haven't taken a cruise in 18 years. And, from the reviews I have been reading of RCI's ships and services, I get the feeling that when I get onboard I'll mentally be thinking, "Let the gouging begin," Is there a way to have a nice family cruise and not have to put a second mortgage on my house? I'm not naive about shore excursions, gratuities, souvenirs, etc., but is the only thing I can expect is a constant grab for what is in my wallet? I'm going on vacation and starting to get depressed about it!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:07 PM

They can't take it, you have to give it. Just don't let keeping an eye on your charges ruin your vacation.

2nd cruise Majesty OTS - 5/11/07

3rd cruise Freedom of the Seas 4/27/08 Western Caribbean - Hump Balcony!!!

Next Navigator of the Seas 4/6/09 First time to Belize
Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM

If I'm reading your post correctly, you'll be going with your family (kids?). We're going with our 15 and 19 yr. old later this summer and I'm a little worried about them too. Here's what I've been able to gleen from previous posts -

Get the pop card $6/day for adult or $4/day for kids. This will give them all the glasses of pop they want to drink. (Not cans of pop).

Sounds like depending on your boat, you can also view your daily charges on your t.v. This way you can always see what's going on.

What I'm hoping is that I can set up my kid's Sea Pass card to be like a pre-paid card. Put a set dollar on it and when it runs out - they're out of luck!

Just don't forget that anytime anyone asks for your Sea Pass card - you're getting charged. Have fun!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-01-2007, 06:49 PM

Does Sov have it where you can reveiw your acct on the t,v.??
Old 05-02-2007, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by georgiapeach54:
I'm having second thoughts about the cruise I've booked with RCI for the end of May. I haven't taken a cruise in 18 years. And, from the reviews I have been reading of RCI's ships and services, I get the feeling that when I get onboard I'll mentally be thinking, "Let the gouging begin," Is there a way to have a nice family cruise and not have to put a second mortgage on my house? I'm not naive about shore excursions, gratuities, souvenirs, etc., but is the only thing I can expect is a constant grab for what is in my wallet? I'm going on vacation and starting to get depressed about it!

Sweetie only you can make yourself poor on a ship buy what you want and don't buy what you don't want, hey I know some folks that have spent as little as $500 and some that have spent as much as $2500 all on a 7 day cruise so it is really up to you . Have a great time and be blessed.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-02-2007, 04:21 AM

georgiapeach,
I also travel with two children and do not feel that the cruiseship has gone for my wallet. There is set amount of dollars you can expect to pay even before you cruise and this would be with any line.
if driving- parking fee (about $12 dollars a day)
if flying- transportation to and from the airport (amount depends on distance etc)
gratuities- about $10 a day per person.
These are the main ones I can remember. The rest is up to you and what you want to do (if you want pictures, drinks, excursion, bingo, shoppping,etc). I have booked some excursions on line to save some extra bucks and have not had any problems. Some people may be very hesitant to do so but it has worked out for us. Just be careful when coming aboard, they will have a frozen drink as you come into the ship ready for you. Yes, you will have to pay for it, but then again what says you are on your cruise more that a frozen drink with an umbrella by the pool. Just remember what lpjpane said "anytime anyone asks for your Sea Pass Card, You are getting charged.
Don't worry about te money too much, it can take away from having a fantastic vacation. If you over spend a little, I am sure you can find ways to make it up when you get home. Anyways, where is home for you? I am also in Georgia about an hour southwest of Atlanta. Enjoy your cruise.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 05-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Banned

OP-probably!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 AM

GeorgiaPeach54, a cruise is like any other vacation as stated by other commentors. Your spending is within your control. I know of some of our cruises we have spent lots on board with excursions, drinks, gambling and such, not to mention the $$$$ spend in ports on gifts and the "things" the wife just had to have. Its all up to you, but don't spoil your vacation worrying about the whole thing, set your limits and have a ball.

Peter1

Old 05-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JULIETTE:
ISAW YOUR PHOTO IAM TRYING TO GET A JOB ON A CRUISE LINE

Closed Thread