Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2006, 06:29 AM

Let me say, the trip was magnificent! All the service, food, excursions, acommidations were excellent. Actually, the beggining was a little rough. When we boarded and went to our room (8000- Owner's Suite) the key didn't work! I thoght this was a BIT annoying! However, for some reason, we had our room changed. And guess what our new one was! The Royal Suite!! The room was about 50% or more larger and was simply magnificent! And, of course, I felt like a complete loser thinking the staff were idiots for getting the wrong room key! Besides the first day mixup, there really wasn't anything wrong with the cruise. A couple of the excursions were mixed up or cancelled due to the weather/being late, but I didn't mind much. Of course, there were the people yelling at the captain (Captain Harkin or Hawkin, couldn't tell!) about the ocean currents and weather. Yeah, the captain controls the weather! And one last note: We saw the Freedom of the Seas leaving out of
Miami or some other port (pretty sure it was Miami) and it is HUGE! All of the passengers on board the Freedom shouted to us on the Grandeur "You're on the wrong ship!" and after seeing it, maybe we were! Also, our main waiter (not assistant, not head, what do you call the one that takes orders?) was being transferred over to the Liberty in May 07'. Lucky man! Well, the trip was magnificent and I can't wait to book a new one! Glad to be back!
Old 07-16-2006, 07:13 AM

Fan, welcome back! How lucky were you to be upgraded to the Royal Suite!! Fantastic.

Sounds like you had a great time. Maybe you can follow your waiter to the Liberty next year!

Sandy
Old 07-17-2006, 01:51 PM

Yeah, I actually might book a cheaper room for the maiden voyage on Liberty of the Seas, if it isn't sold out already (I assume it isn't). Looks to be a great ship!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Fan, the Liberty is waitlisted for its suites and junior suites, but the other categories are still available.

Sandy
Old 07-18-2006, 12:31 PM

Great! My girlfriend and I have been talking, and we're probably going to go for the cheap interior stateroom, if we go. (Big jump from the Royal Suite!) Thanks for the info!

Closed Thread