Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 11:06 AM

I can't believe this! We are leaving a day early on Sunday afternoon to Florida to be on the safe side and now there is a blizzard coming tonight through Sunday with up to 20 inches expected! Now there's a good chance we'll be leaving Monday morning and hopefully getting on the shuttle in Florida for the long drive to Port Canaveral. I hate this! I am a very anxious person about being on time so this is making me ill. Please someone tell me we'll be fine.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:48 AM

Where are you flying in to in Florida? What time are you to arrive? My gut tells me that you probably do not have to worry.
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010
Old 02-24-2007, 12:30 PM

We're flying into Orlando. Our last ditch flight would be Monday around 6am (not sure of the exact flight time) so we should be in around 8ish I think. I'm not a very experienced flyer but my husband who flys for business a lot says that the airports work fast to clear the snow.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:41 PM

If you get in around 8ish then have have plenty of time. MCO to the port is only about 1 1/2 hours away. Rent a car and drive to Cape Canaveral for a short visit. You will have time and it would be an interesting side trip.

Have a safe trip and a nice cruise.
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010
Old 02-24-2007, 02:22 PM

Which airport are you flying from? We will be flying out of Milwaukee next week. They are forecasting rain, but, that's what they forecasted last week and you know what we're getting instead of rain.

Sonny
Old 02-24-2007, 06:32 PM

hrt, keep checking the internet to see if your flight tomorrow has been canceled yet. The airline may call you if it has been, and sometimes they don't cancel flights this far in advance. But on the off chance that it has already been canceled, get on the phone to reschedule for Monday morning. I take it you made your own airline arrangements and did not go through the cruise line? If you went through the cruise line, call them tomorrow (Sunday) morning.

Sandy
Old 02-25-2007, 05:48 AM

we are flying out of Milwaukee today. So far it hasn't been cancelled but the airport is closed right now so they can plow the runways. I'm tagging along with a larger group of 30 so I didn't make any of the arrangments. We got the tickets through travelocity. I checked the airline we're flying with online and it doesn't say any changes. We are expecting another round of snow/sleet/freezing rain today so let's hope that's not the straw that breaks the "airport camel's" back
Old 02-25-2007, 06:27 AM

3 wks ago was on fos from buffalo. our sat flight was delayed and we missed the connector. got into miami about 6 hrs late but made the ship sun morn fine. anyway , on tues i see these people checking in on the ship when we are in cozumel. their flight was cancelled in cleveland so they flew to dallas and on to cozumel to meet up with the ship at the first port. now that is a start of a trip from hell.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:48 PM

I hope everything works for you. We ran into two different times like that.

One time we were stranded at the airport for over 4 hours "standing in line", as we had to get to CS to have them book us on another flight as the planes would not leave as they couldn't keep the ice of of them.

Another time we had bad weather, and wound up losing one day of our cruise, but we were able to catch up with them as they waited, just barely. We had insurance so that help cover the cost of the loss, but we would have rather been to the island instead.

Good luck

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, flight, time