Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi all!

My new husband and I just got back from our honeymoon, and we're already thinking about what cruise we want to do next year! This cruise, on the Carnival Conquest, was my third. We'd like to try every cruise line eventually, and we're trying to decide between Royal Caribbean (possibly Freedom of the Seas) and Celebrity Cruises for next year. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Cort

Carnival Conquest - 4/9/06
Caribbean Princess - 2/19/05
Old 04-25-2006, 05:11 AM

Hi there! My husband and I've been on most of the cruise lines already and by mutual agreement preffer Royar Carib. especially the Voyager class ships, we're going on the Navigator (w/kids this summer for the 3rd time) and I'm waiting for the next yrs schedule to come out to book the Nov or Dec on the Freedom. I did like the Celeberty line, but it was not as upbeat and fun as the Royal Carib; the croud was abit older and the whole atmosphere was more sofisticated; we did enjoy it a lot, but if u're looking for fun, some noise, but at the same time lots or privacy and rest do go on the Voyager Class ship or the Freedom there is nothing like a PROMENADE and Ice Skating ! U'll LOVE it!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Cortney:
Hi all!

My new husband and I just got back from our honeymoon, and we're already thinking about what cruise we want to do next year! This cruise, on the Carnival Conquest, was my third. We'd like to try every cruise line eventually, and we're trying to decide between Royal Caribbean (possibly Freedom of the Seas) and Celebrity Cruises for next year. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Cort

Carnival Conquest - 4/9/06
Caribbean Princess - 2/19/05
Old 04-25-2006, 07:06 AM

I agree with Lanar. My wife and I have been on 29 Royal Caribbean cruises and don't intend on changing to any other cruise line. We talk to alot of cruisers and most feel RCCL is the best. The Freedom will be a new experience for us. The Voyager class ships are our favorite ships. The ice show is awesome! You won't find that on other ships. If it were my choice I'd choose the Freedom.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:53 AM

I prefer Celebrity to any other line I have sailed on - and I have been on 27 cruises/5 lines. I prefer the elegance and better food and service that Celebrity has to offer. I still play trivia games, sports, etc. on Celebrity and have a great time.

On cruise ships age is very mental. The passengers on Celebrity is a bit older than RCCL but I find they are willing to have just as much fun - I am in my middle 30's. But there isn't anything wrong with RCCL at all - I have a great time every cruise I take with them. Both you and your husband I'm sure will note a HUGE difference from Carnival to Celebrity or RCCL.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 04-25-2006, 08:05 AM

We've sailed on NCL, RCCL, HAL, Costa, Carnival, and Princess. So far my favorite is Princess, but I truly enjoyed RCCL and NCL. NCL has a great program called Dive-In which is right up our alley--we love to snorkel. So far, I've never had a bad cruise. Some better than others, but none that were bad. Some friends of mine did Celebrity for their wedding/honeymoon cruise. They were married in St. Thomas on the beach and finished their cruise as newlyweds. They totally enjoyed Celebrity, but that was their first cruise. Congratulations on your marriage!!
Old 04-25-2006, 08:57 AM

Quote:
So far, I've never had a bad cruise. Some better than others, but none that were bad.
Penny, Bob Dickinson of Carnival Cruises likes to say:
"Cruising is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's good."

Sandy
Old 04-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Banned

I was a solid Celbrity fan until they let thier ships get so run down and shaby. This year we tried the Carnival Legend and it turned out to be one of the best cruises ever.Maybe because it was a longer cruise, I don't know.We are going on it again.I was never fond of Carnival but we tried it because of the itinerary and i'm glad we did. But as said above there is no such thing as a bad cruise, it's just that some are better than others. tom
Old 04-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys! I like hearing about other people's experiences. Lucky Sonny - going on two cruises in just a few months! Penny, how do you like Costa? I noticed they had a few itineraries out of Ft. Lauderdale that seemed to hit some different ports than other lines (I don't like to fly, so the less distance I have to fly for the departure port, the better!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 04-26-2006, 05:57 AM

We have done Carnival, Royal Carribean and Celebrity - Carnvial is a true party - very up beat - Royal Carribean is not to far behind. We found Celebrity to be very quiet - But this was as very nice. It made for a true vaction. Celebrity little extra service was nice. (Laying in the sun - here comes the silver tray around with towels on ice. Also they bring cold ice treats) - Celebrity seem to give you that little extra touch. Know matter what cruise line - I will taking cruising any day.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:03 AM

royal carribean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iv been on both rcl definetaly
definetally freedon of seas without a doubt

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbbean, caribbean, carribean, celebrity, compared, costa, cruise, cruises, finger, hrithik, reviews, royal, versus, vs, whats