Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 04:36 AM

My husband & I hope to go on the 7 day Alaska round trip from Vancouver. We are travelling around the world from Australia and will come to Vancouver via the UK. Can anyone tell me if the weather will be ok on the 13th Sept cruise? I know no-one can predict the weather but perhaps we should be looking at a late August trip instead? Also we will probably have 3 large suitcases - will we be able to fit them in our cabin? thanks. Digby
Old 03-18-2008, 05:47 AM

Hi Digby, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on a fantastic voyage. By all indications, you should be ok in the first part of September. August would be a safer bet, but you should be ok in September. This site might help you some. If your suitcases are no more than 12" high, when you lay them flat, you will have no problems fitting them under your beds. If you have a twin size bed, or a queen size bed at home, you can try fitting them under your bed at home to make sure. If you have waterproof jackets with zip-in linings, that would be good to bring. Pack some clothing that you can layer. Are you cruising around the world, or comibining tours? It sounds like a fabulous adventure. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:05 AM

Hi Penny3333
Thanks for your advice. Very helpful. One other question. Although it will no doubt be quite chilly in Alaska, is it warm on board the ship - ie would I wear jeans/ t-shirt or a sweater as well on board?
Thanks.
digby
Old 07-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Hi robin,
when you go out on an excursion, dress in layers, first a t shirt, then a sweater or sweatshirt and a jacket, then if you get warm you can take off the sweatshirt and still be comfortable. Hope you guys are doing ok, these days.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:51 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat, Digby! The ship will be nice and warm inside. I hope you have a great cruise.

Sonny

Closed Thread