Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2003, 10:58 PM

One great feature of RCCL and Celebrity is that they gaurantee the most competitive rates. SO....if you booked say 7 months out. Check online sites and even call your travel agent/website and have them check. If the rate goes down or there is a resident promo available, RCCL will give you the new lower rate and refund your money. (This happens more often than you may think) On other lines like CCL, they tend to not give money back, but will upgrade you to whatever category is selling at the rate you paid (but ONLY if you ask). Don't think I am implying there are free upgrades to be had. That is a myth. But, about 4 months down to about a month out, rates fluctuate, and can go down QUITE a bit. Never hurts to ask. (They also will add automatic upgrades to certain categories, Carnival is famous for this). So don't stop shopping once you have bought a cruise. (Yes, I work in the travel industry) I of course realize that MANY of you on this board know this info. But there are alot of newbies who happen by and don't. So please don't take my reference to this "Secret" as a reason to deride me!! Thanks

[This message was edited by Crewzing on January 08, 2003 at 10:16 PM.]
Old 01-08-2003, 10:58 PM

One great feature of RCCL and Celebrity is that they gaurantee the most competitive rates. SO....if you booked say 7 months out. Check online sites and even call your travel agent/website and have them check. If the rate goes down or there is a resident promo available, RCCL will give you the new lower rate and refund your money. (This happens more often than you may think) On other lines like CCL, they tend to not give money back, but will upgrade you to whatever category is selling at the rate you paid (but ONLY if you ask). Don't think I am implying there are free upgrades to be had. That is a myth. But, about 4 months down to about a month out, rates fluctuate, and can go down QUITE a bit. Never hurts to ask. (They also will add automatic upgrades to certain categories, Carnival is famous for this). So don't stop shopping once you have bought a cruise. (Yes, I work in the travel industry) I of course realize that MANY of you on this board know this info. But there are alot of newbies who happen by and don't. So please don't take my reference to this "Secret" as a reason to deride me!! Thanks

[This message was edited by Crewzing on January 08, 2003 at 10:16 PM.]
Old 01-09-2003, 06:02 AM

Ok so where is the secret.

Stan
Old 01-09-2003, 02:33 PM

heres another secret if you dont get on your ship at port at the departure time you get to stay at the island for a longer vacation!
Old 01-09-2003, 03:10 PM

But, I work for the largest travel company on the internet and I can tell you that there are ALOT of people out there that don't realize these things. I guess this is what I get for trying to help. I mean, it's YOUR money. I get my cruises for free.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:11 PM

ok buddy, listen its a joke, Honestly I didnt know about what you informed us about, I jsut like being a smart ***. But thank you and if I got a chuckle out of someone than I've done my job.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:53 PM

nice tip!!! I have seen it work before
Old 01-10-2003, 08:05 AM

I used to work at a reservation center, selling hotel rooms for one of America's best-known hotel chains. We always had a zillion different rates available, but it was a simple matter to find "the lowest rate available". However, we had to wait until the caller specifically asked for "the lowest rate available". If they asked for an advertised, trademarked "special rate", we gave them that.

Bottom line (and it's not a big secret, sorry!), you have to ask for the best deal - no company worth their stock dividends is just going to give it away.

-Scott H
Chicago
Old 01-12-2003, 09:07 PM

Thanks Crewzing for that "secret" tip, I am a newbie and I didn't know. I'd appreciate any other secrets you might have---especially if it'll save me some money!
Old 01-14-2003, 01:46 PM

I try to think of what kinds of questions and problems and things passengers "ought" to know when dealing with cruise lines and also with internet travel agencies. I figure if I help one person save some money, it's worth blabbing the "secrets" here.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, caribean, cruise, free, royal, secret, sites, tips