Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 01:40 AM

Firstly can I thank you for all the replies we have had to other posted questions. It is thirteen days until we embark to the Western Carribean. I am taking a three and five year old and am still unsure what would be acceptable dress for ther formal evening. We have got them nice shirts, but due to the heat I would rather they wear smart shorts or cotton trousers. Will we be frown upon? O

On a normal evening can adults wear shorts in the dining room. I meen smart causual shorts not sport shorts. They will be worn with shirt/smart top.

Again thanks for all your advice, this will hopefully be my last posting before I head off as I am spending 5 days in Miami.

Regards

Neil
Old 08-09-2009, 08:32 AM

Neil you can go to RCCI web site and they have a section explaining there dress code,not that everybody follows it and RCCI does not enforce it very much. I did see them stop some kids going into the Windjammer last april in bathing suits. IMO, I think that would be fine for the 2 little ones. RCCI does say no shorts in the dining room at supper but you can wear them in the dining room for breakast and lunch.
CCL Elation 2005
CCL Pride 2006
RCCI Splendor 2006
RCCI Serenade Hawaii 2007
RCCI Serenade Alaska 2008
CCL Ecstasy 2008
RCCI AOS 2009
RCCI Voyager 2009
CCL Conquest 2010
CCL Ecstasy 2010
Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Mike has given you the straight scoop on the dress code regarding shorts. Here are the official rules for RCI. Note they subtly ask that children also follow the same rules. However, in practice I have not seen small children hassled for wearing shorts. I wouldn't do it as an adult.

One thing to note is even if it is hot outside, a cruise ship will always be cool inside - if not downright cold for some people.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:56 PM

No shorts in the dining room for dinner. You can wear shorts in the DR for lunch or breakfast.

I think small kids will be able to get away with a bit more. However, I did see several men wearing tuxedo T-shirts for formal night which I thought unacceptable. At the end of the day, it depends on who is working the door.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I did see several men wearing tuxedo T-shirts for formal night which I thought unacceptable
It is definitely tacky. I'd rather someone show up on a formal night in slacks and a golf shirt. At least they aren't mocking the dress code like the buffoons with the tux t-shirts.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:08 PM

I know. I think they should have been shown the door and not let in. I'd be embarrassed to be seen with someone sporting the tux tee. Sad thing is, it wasn't just one man who did this. It was 3 or 4.

If you don't want to dress up, go to the Windjammer.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:42 AM

Please, believe me, the ships are cold. I have to wear a sweater in the diningroom every night. Of course, I freeze below 80, but honestly, they do keep the inside of the ship very cool. The children should be fine, but no shorts at night. I agree that the tux tees should have been asked to change, that is very disrespectful. I'm sure they thought they were being cute, but they showed their ignorance, to me.

Closed Thread