Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 10:13 AM

A note to all, as I read this before, I believe you are now REQUIRED to have a passport for cruising as of the beginning of this year, so if you don't have one, get one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is now the case.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong
Okay. The passport rule for land and sea travel for the WHTI (western hemisphere travel initiative) was pushed back yet again and now is listed as "at a later date, to be determined". Here are more details.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:37 AM

I agree with those who have said "just do it" and get a passport. You know it will be accepted for all types of travel. And it's good for 10 years if you're age 16 and over. So for $10 a year, you don't have to worry about whether you have the right documents to travel, even if you decide to, or have to, travel at the last minute.

You can fill out and print out a passport application online if you choose, and take it, along with two passport photos and your original birth certificate (see complete instructions online), to a Passport Acceptance Facility or Passport Office. Many states have Post Offices that are Passport Acceptance Facilities.

Sandy
Old 02-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Administrator

This site lists all the places in the U.S. where one can apply for a passport. Just enter a zip code and your local options will appear.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 PM
well I have a few questions regarding the passport issue and since you are talking about it here they come:

* My family is traveling from Puerto Rico(USA territory) to Florida (Disney)do they need a USA passport??

* I am going to cruise this summer on Carnival Destiny and I am no really looking foward to travel thru the differents island with a passport, just in case.
Can I left it on the ship and use a photocopy instead??
Do I will have any trouble with the island security because the passport photocopy??
Is legal to get a photocopy of your passport just for this case?

Thanks everyone...
Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 PM

Hi CF, For question one, if you've read through the posts here it's obvious that everyone in your family should have their passport for your upcoming cruise.

On the second one, there is no need for you to carry your passport off the ship. Just your key card and a photo ID. Keep your passport in the cabin safe if you're concerned about it.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-17-2008, 01:04 PM
thanks trvlpro

I know for fact the best please to get info is here since most of you know a lot of travel or are travel agents you are the best ones that can give me this info...

* my family won't be cruising they are just going to walt disney world, of course I try to convince them to cruise with Disney cruises but well you know some times is difficult but who knows I will keep trying.
So My question was:

Do they need the passport just to enter the state of Florida?

Also thanks for your answer I will get a copy of my passport then

Thanks!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:08 PM

Cas, No, since Puerto Rico is a US territory no passport is needed for their flight to FL.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-17-2008, 01:27 PM
thanks for the info trvlpro

also just a note:

I already convinced my sister to enter the world of cruising, at this very moment, 7 days cruise, she is on the celebrity summit enjoying her cruise...

as for my family
They will get the passport anyway my mother just told me they will be plannig a cruise soon, because since I keep telling them how great cruising is, they will like to try it, “Resistance is futile”
Old 02-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Glad to hear you'll be a family of cruisers soon. The last hold out in my family was my oldest brother and he got on Fantasy last month and had a blast. He's hooked now like the rest of us.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
birth, board, boarding, bpoarding, caribbean, carribean, certificate, cheats, cruise, denied, israeli, passport, royal, sailing, trouble