Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 12:19 PM

I cruised Enchantment of the Seas in January with a group, and didn't hear of anyone who needed their passport for our Nassau stop. Just a photo ID and Seapass card.

Sandy
Old 02-18-2008, 12:30 PM

Penny there were some cruiselines, I don't recall which now, that announced they were going to require passports Jan 1st for all cruises even after the extention was permitted. I deleted the email after all of the ones who made that announcement retracted the policy, for legal reasons I assume. Perhaps Costa was among those that were going to stick to their guns for a while and not go along with the original extension, I'm gussing, don't know for sure.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-18-2008, 02:37 PM

Just came off the Navigator Feb 7th and didn't need the passport in either Jamaica or Grand Cayman. I think every ship is doing things differently.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:19 AM

Quote:
I realize this off topic but what are your personal feelings about the new 48 hour stay proposal & 1/2 the time in a foreign port being talked about by homeland security.
Sorry it took a little time to get back on this response as I was out chasing smugglers on the water all night. Anyway, I am not real familiar with this new proposal. I live and work in SW Florida and don't get a lot of exposure to the cruise industry unless I am cruising with my family. I would be happy to do a little digging and see what I find.

Happy Crusing,

Tom
Old 02-19-2008, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Welcome to Cruise-Chat, CBPMIA.

I am certainly happy to have someone in your position here to reinforce the need for a passort. Those of us on the staff, and many of our experienced members, have been beating people over the head for the past couple years about the need for a passport. Yet many still want to procrastinate, griping about the cost or some other silly reason.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for your supportive words. I can't stress the importance of this single document if you travel. With that said I will tell you that on my first Alaska cruise I made the mistake of telling a passenger what I do for a living. Bad decision, he apparently had quite a few problems with a birth certificate (hospital vs state certified) and was almost denied boarding. For the rest of my Alaska trip I got to hear everyones nightmare stories of what happens with no passport. Won't be doing that again. However, I will try to answer all questions that board members might want to direct my way. My email (for this purpose) is tekfl@yahoo.com, or I will respond on the appropriate area of this board.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 02-19-2008, 05:38 AM

Just returned from Caribbean cruise on Celebrity on 2/10/08. Only docs required to reboard in any port were SeaPass and photo ID.
This is even stated in Celebrity Today, which is received every evening for the next day's activities.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I made the mistake of telling a passenger what I do for a living.
Next time I guess your answer will be "I sell insurance". That ought to keep people away!

Closed Thread

Tags
birth, board, boarding, bpoarding, caribbean, carribean, certificate, cheats, cruise, denied, israeli, passport, royal, sailing, trouble