Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 AM

We're a group of six and are looking for some tips on excursions. We're a mix of beach bums and snorkelers, with one shopper!!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:55 AM

We took the parasailing, jeep tour and jungle canopy excursions on our cruise last month. Parasailing in Labadee was great and the Jungle Canopy excursion in Jamaica was absolutely thrilling, extremely well operated and very safe. I highly recommend it.

The jeep tour (not the Eco-Tour) in Cozumel left a lot to be desired. It consisted of snorkeling for about 30 minutes, authentic Mexican lunch on a beach full of biting mosquitos where you are confined to a small area and a trip to a Mayan temple - a bunch of rocks stacked up on top of each other in a little village where you can get some trinkets....definitely wouldn't do that one again. My fiancee said that she did the Jeep Eco-Tour on a previous cruise and it was much better. Hope that helps.

Kingfisher
Old 12-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Administrator

For the shopper, when in Cozumel, head directly for Los Cinco Soles. It's a wonderful, clean, collection of stores and stands offering everything from pottery, blankets, and general souvenirs. There's also a great restaurant out back, Pancho's Backyard, that has fabulous margaritas and guacamole.

Of course, Cozumel is a snorklers' paradise, so the shopper may have to go it alone... but it's perfectly safe within this establishment.

In Grand Cayman, you can take a taxi to one of the public beaches along Seven Mile Beach. I honestly don't remember which one we went to, but hopefully someone will come along with some recommendations.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:55 AM

Hi Lisa - I second that recommendation for Pancho's Backyard! We were there on December 7 in Cozumel (Grand Princess). They have the BEST strawberry margaritas and chicken flautas I've ever put in my mouth and the staff was so quick and friendly I didn't want to leave at all! I'm definitely going back there every time we hit Cozumel and Los Cinco Soles is a great store, too - I didn't have much time to cover the whole place but I was very impressed with it.

Have a great cruise, Kailynsnana! Be sure to report back to us when you return!
Old 12-15-2006, 05:38 AM

Quote:
chicken flautas?
Lots of good reading from all of you. At least one stop is a shopping one for us.

2nd cruise Majesty OTS - 5/11/07

3rd cruise Freedom of the Seas 4/27/08 Western Caribbean - Hump Balcony!!!

Next Navigator of the Seas 4/6/09 First time to Belize
Old 12-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Pancho's has fish tacos that are really good. Very simply prepared but they fit the bill for a nice lunch - with a margarita of course!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Hmmm, I just looked at their online menu and the fish tacos aren't there. Maybe they are a daily special or something like that.

You can check out Pancho's here.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribbean, carribean, cruise, ecursions, excurisions, excursion, excursions, parasail, parasailing, place, review, royal, roytal, tips, western