Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   RCL - Suprise Phone Call (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/34358-rcl-suprise-phone-call.html)

Lucas 09-07-2007 10:41 AM

I was suprised yesterday evening by a phone call from Royal Caribbean. We have been looking for a fourth cruise this year and as soon as I logged into my C&A account on the internet The phone rings and it is a representative from RCL. The guy said that they noticed that I was looking at cruises and wondered if they could be of any assistance. I did not know that they monitored account logins this closely.

Is this a new diamond benefit?
Has anyone else had one of these calls right after logging in?

Lucas 09-07-2007 10:41 AM

I was suprised yesterday evening by a phone call from Royal Caribbean. We have been looking for a fourth cruise this year and as soon as I logged into my C&A account on the internet The phone rings and it is a representative from RCL. The guy said that they noticed that I was looking at cruises and wondered if they could be of any assistance. I did not know that they monitored account logins this closely.

Is this a new diamond benefit?
Has anyone else had one of these calls right after logging in?

Sandy 09-07-2007 12:36 PM

I've never heard anyone mention that before. Sounds a little "Big Brother" to me...

Sandy

Dave 09-07-2007 01:11 PM

That would have annoyed me greatly, and if it ever happens to me the person calling me may learn some new words. http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...s/icon_mad.gif

jillianallison 09-07-2007 03:12 PM

I am a C&A member and browse the RC website daily (a little dreaming to get me through the work day). I've never had anyone from RC contact me. However...

I started an account on the Carnival website a couple years ago and received a call from a Carnival customer service rep later that same day. Apparently, I "requested a call for more information." I was not aware that I had done that, but I said that I did not need any information and they never bothered me again.

electech 09-07-2007 04:07 PM

Be very, very careful. You could have a person who has gotten access to your system and is using a "data logger" to get information. I would be especially worried if this same person had tried to sell me a cruise and then wanted my credit card number! I would call RCCL personally and tell them of the "benefit" and see what their response is. I am with Dave, if it had happened to me, I first would have made sure my 8 year old was not in the room and then I would have ripped a strip off of them!!

Sandy 09-08-2007 07:23 AM

Yesterday I emailed my Royal Caribbean sales rep and asked her about this type of practice. I'm waiting to hear back from her.

Sandy

TRM7050 09-08-2007 09:13 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by electech:
Be very, very careful. You could have a person who has gotten access to your system and is using a "data logger" to get information. I would be especially worried if this same person had tried to sell me a cruise and then wanted my credit card number! I would call RCCL personally and tell them of the "benefit" and see what their response is. I am with Dave, if it had happened to me, I first would have made sure my 8 year old was not in the room and then I would have ripped a strip off of them!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very good point!!! I have never heard of any business doing something like this!!!

susanmaz 09-08-2007 01:12 PM

This happened to me with Carnival. Luckily for me I used my work phone number when I registered, so I'm not bothered at home.

Casanova frankenstein 09-08-2007 03:16 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by electech:
Be very, very careful. You could have a person who has gotten access to your system and is using a "data logger" to get information. ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I think!!!
Do you know something about Trojans??
You need someone to check it for you maybe you have a virus that allow them to see you online
See it this way
Millions of people log in RCCL website everyday is almost impossible to them to know who is log every time less to know your telephone number I believe someone was trying to steal your credit card account.
Call RCCL and ask them if someone has called you or why did you receive that call is important to know in order to avoid identity theft.