Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2004, 11:58 AM

Looking for a little advice!
My wife and I are about to embark on our first cruise (4th December - Constellation) with Celebrity. With departure now only being a shade over 3 weeks away I was slightly concerned that I had not received any information about the cruise and more specifically any tickets!! With this in mind I duly rang our travel agent who told me that they had not received anything from Celebrity (Other than the invoice and passenger itinerary which I have) and that we should not worry. Baring in mind that I booked this back in January alarm bells where ringing so I called Celebrity directly who informed me that they have dispatched everything to our travel agent.

The advice I am looking for is - What should we be expecting? Family members who have been with Celebrity before have had large information packs sent to them well in advance along with tickets etc. At present all we have is an invoice an itinerary!!! Help...
Old 11-09-2004, 11:58 AM

Looking for a little advice!
My wife and I are about to embark on our first cruise (4th December - Constellation) with Celebrity. With departure now only being a shade over 3 weeks away I was slightly concerned that I had not received any information about the cruise and more specifically any tickets!! With this in mind I duly rang our travel agent who told me that they had not received anything from Celebrity (Other than the invoice and passenger itinerary which I have) and that we should not worry. Baring in mind that I booked this back in January alarm bells where ringing so I called Celebrity directly who informed me that they have dispatched everything to our travel agent.

The advice I am looking for is - What should we be expecting? Family members who have been with Celebrity before have had large information packs sent to them well in advance along with tickets etc. At present all we have is an invoice an itinerary!!! Help...
Old 11-10-2004, 02:41 PM

Don't panic. Cruise lines have as a practice been sending cruise documents out much closer to the cruise date than they have in the past. I used to receive my documents at least a month or 6 weeks in advance. Now 2 weeks seems to be the norm. Even if the cruise line said they dispatched them to the travel agency, sometimes the process of getting them from the cruise lines reservations desk, in transit, to the agency and then finally to your agent can be time-consuming. Just keep in close contact with your travel agent and request frequent updates from them.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-10-2004, 06:42 PM

I agree with Nancy. I wouldn't give it a second's thought. Now if you had called and Celebrity said "Sorry, I can't find you on the passenger list" then I would be concerned.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 11-10-2004, 09:12 PM

Woodards; Yes that is correct the cruiseline sends everything to your TA who send them to you. You need to call your TA not Celebrity who if does not have them can call Celebrity and get to the bottom of the situation. If for some reason your documents dont arrive have no fear it happens all the time. As long as you have you drivers license and birth cetificate or passport which you you will have to have with or without documents you are good to go they already have you in their computer and you are on the manifest. also make sure you register online.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest
Old 11-11-2004, 07:12 AM
Banned

Obtain your booking number or confirmation number from the TA. Then go on line to the cruise lines website. I know Princess and Carnival allow you to fill out all the paper work that is required and reserve any tours you are interested in. Never been on Celebrity so I don't know about their web site. If there is no web site at least you have a confirmation number.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:24 AM

I know this is a little late to reply to Woodards so hope they had a fab time. I thought I'd post this in case anyone, like me, was trawling through the boards for information. When we travelled on Constellation in Dec 03 we were also concerned. My mother was travelling with Celebrity the week before us and had had her documentation weeks before but she had booked through a different TA. She was even able too book her trips and we still didn't know what they were. Now Celebrity has updated its site you can fill our all the paperwork there and request cabin changes etc. You can also book your trips online, providing you book them at least two weeks (I think it is/could be a month) before you sail.

Closed Thread