Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 05:12 PM

I just got back from a wonderful 7 day, Mexico cruise. The food was pretty good in the main dining room. That is unless we ordered meat. My husband ordered steak twice, top sirloin, both times it was tough and chewy with little flavor, almost tasted boiled. My daughter ordered prime rib. So fiberous it was hard to cut. But this is the kicker. Friday night my meat tasted..off.., and my daughter said the same thing. Just tasted well past fresh and had a bad smell to it. Neither of us could eat it. The waiter offered us other dishes but we had lost our appetite.

I have never had "bad" food on a cruise before. Other than that everything was great and I expect it won't keep me from traveling RCCL. Has anyone else had bad food experiences with this line?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:45 PM

That must have been horrifying ... I have never had bad meat on a cruise - actually ... I have never ever had bad meat.

I guess it can happen.My last rccl cruise was excellent and I know my husband enjoyed a steak a few times.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:49 AM

Returned from a cruise to Panama Canal early in December on the Brilliance of the Seas and the food was terrible each night in the dining room. We've sailed on several other RC ships and the food was great. The food was unedible several nights including overcooked, tough shoe-leather like steak and undercooked lobster. Thinking of sailing other lines since RC did nothing about it except make excuses and defend the chefs.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:39 PM

I was thinking about it, and it really had nothing to do with the cooking, and everything to do with the quality of the meat. I wonder if the chef buys the stuff or it is just sent to him.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:10 PM

Actually, Miami makes the decision on which vendor is used for all food supplies. We asked that question when we were on a gally tour on the Voyager in December. The executive chef told us he only makes suggestions. They have different vendors for different products. Like produce, meats, can goods, etcetera. The people that prepare the food should know the quality. There's no excuse for serving customers poor quality food. If it ever happens to me, I'm taking my plate to the Hotel Director while it's still warm.

Sonny

Sonny
Old 01-18-2007, 01:56 AM

That explains why there was such a discreprency between the meat and the fresh produce. I was continually impress with the freshness of the fruits and veggies.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, meat