Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2002, 01:13 PM

I'm 26 and I want to go to the tulum XeHa combination does anyone have any advice on that? Most people say forget it, but I do like history but I heard you cant climb the ruins and the trip is horrible. But then the other option is passion island anyone know about that? The other ones are the georgetown snorke off a historic shipwreck and of course dunns river falls trimeran cruise combo.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:13 PM

I'm 26 and I want to go to the tulum XeHa combination does anyone have any advice on that? Most people say forget it, but I do like history but I heard you cant climb the ruins and the trip is horrible. But then the other option is passion island anyone know about that? The other ones are the georgetown snorke off a historic shipwreck and of course dunns river falls trimeran cruise combo.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:41 PM

My experience at Tulum was interesting (I do like history) but a bit crowded. Guides we had seemed to know almost more than we wanted to know about it! Beautiful setting. Haven't been to Xel-Ha but I've heard some good things about it. It depends on how long you'd be able to stay there, whether you would enjoy it or not. If I had to pick, I'd say choose between the two, rather than an excursion that goes to both.
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2002, 10:55 AM

thanks for the reply it will help
Old 11-10-2002, 07:35 PM

We have booked the passion island tour,while we are aboard the century dec 7th.I have heard nothing but good things about this tour,you are on the beach all day and are served lunch which I heard was very very good.We have been to Dunns Falls and it was gorgeous a very worth while excursion,hope this helps you,Debra
Old 11-10-2002, 10:21 PM

Tulum is the Mayan ruins. You will want to spend the $1.50 for the trolly ride. You cannot climb the ruins, and a number of the more interesting things are blocked off. However, it's a nice site and is well worth the trip. You have only a little time at the end to explore by yourself. However, they are genuine ruins and well worth the trip.

XelHa is a well developed area of stores, beach, dolphin encounters, nature parks, and so on. There are ruins that may, perhsps, be seen, but they're across the street. Think of this as being a resort a bit more like Disney world than anything else. Mayan stuff, you won't see (we didn't). There are a few things to be seen, but not on the order of the ruins at Tulum.

If you want ruins, go to Tulum. If you want beach, dolphin encounters, parrots, stores, and probably restaurants, then XelHa is the place for you.

We wanted more time at Tulum, and less at Xelha....

If you're going in the summer, take icewater, sip it lightly, and a hat. You did not need bug repellant in July, but it was hot....
Old 11-13-2002, 06:35 AM

thanks to all of your advice, I think I'm going with passion island If I go back I will due the tulum experience.

Closed Thread